𝘈𝘤𝘵 2 | 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘣𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘩

"Alright, don't call me 'sweetie.' You can't hold a person prisoner and then call them 'sweetie'!"

- Phoebe Halliwell, Charmed Season 5:
The Importance of Being Phoebe (2003)

𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤'𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐲:

You shall delve in the darkness of the endless maze,

The dead, the traitor, and the lost one raise.

You shall rise or fall by the ghost king's hand,

The child of Athena's final stand.

A burden that shall soon give power,

The Mistress makes her subjects cower.

Destroy with a hero's final breath,

And lose a love to worse than death.

♛⸻𖥸⸻♛

𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲:

Veronica Sawyer has had a much better life since the events of the quest for Artemis. Her foster mother, Valentina Bailey, takes care of her to the best of her abilities and treats Veronica with love and respect, something no one prior had ever really done. She has a brilliant girlfriend that she loves and trusts with everything in her, and she's going to therapy, which helps her with a lot of the trauma she's been through.

All in all, her life has been a lot less stressful and she's ready to relax. But as she's always known, the Fates didn't like her, so of course now is the time everything related to her demigod life comes to bite her in the ass.

First off, Nico di Angelo. She'd long since given up her search for him, but suddenly her "Book of Shadows" decides to give her a hint as to where he may be just as she's officially accepted his potential death. Secondly, Luke Castellan seems to know something about her abilities that he believes will be useful in his plans to revive Kronos, and somehow, he always seems to be able to find her.

Third, and most troubling, is the quest she gets dragged onto. Annabeth, well meaning fool that she is, has brought the unlucky Veronica with her, hoping her connections to Ariadne will give them a clue or two about the endless maze that is Daedalus' Labyrinth.