pt. 11: can i buy you a drink?🍹

I eventually head down stairs in a much more appropriate outfit for a brewery. I was not about to show up to a bar in sweats and baggy tee shirt.

"Heyyyy so you don't actually dress like a hippy after all!!" Schlatt sighs, walking down the spiral steps to meet me on the couch.

"I see you're dressed in your regular Adam Sandler inspired outfit- per usual." I shoot back.

"This is my classic street style. However... you clean up beautifully for a country girl." He says bashfully, swiping a curl away from my face making me go red, too red to react to his blantant flirt.

"Are the bottoms of those heels muddy by any chance?" He clears his throat and fires back at me.

"These heels are for dancing and good times only. My boots are the muddiest in my town. I've never had a problem with getting dirty; I just enjoy a variety of styles- including music. Gosh i could talk about music for days with out end-"

"When you get to talking you never stop- but in the best way possible." Schlatt smiles while looking me in the eyes, then to my lips, and back to my eyes.

"You're the one who makes comments that inevitably make me ramble.!" I say as I push his shoulder.

"Well don't stop! It's adorable, don't worry." Schlatt says quietly as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I lean in a little closer.

"LETS GO PEOPLE WE'VE GOT A STRICT SCHEDULE TO STICK TO." Nick yells as he's practically running and almost falling down the stairs. Schlatt doesn't care to move his arm or anything so I get up myself with him wondering why I'm so tense.

"Nick literally what schedule..? It's 1:07 in the afternoon." Isaac says what we're all thinking.

"I think bro is just hangry." Yumi chimes in.

"Nah he's like this all the time." Grunk admits.

"Also I sent a text to Ted and Shae to meet us there, they'll meet us outside." Schlatt concludes as he and Ted have been best buds for years.

"More the merrier!" Nick exclaims, strutting out the door with his keys.

I tend to follow Schlatt like a magnet. He's so sweet and gentle when he's with me. This can't possibly be a fake out... right?

The other guys fall into the two other cars like they were up to something, leaving Schlatt and I in a car by ourselves.

"I hear you hate L.A." I say, feeling my own awkwardness flushing my cheeks. Nothing about this was awkward though. Just a girl in a car with the guy she likes with no one else. No big deal.

"You hear correctly. I despise L.A. . I can stomach San Diego better." He says, pulling out of the driveway. There was always something about guys driving that turned me on for some reason.

"That's kind of ironic considering you're from New York. All the hustle and bustle."

"Yeah but it's a different genre a of hustle and bustle. In New York you have crack heads that will do anything for money. And in L.A. you have teenage influencers that will do anything for money."

"You got me on that one. I love the chaos of the city and serene tranquility of the farm, ya know?" I say, putting in my take.

"Ugh, I get it completely. My dream vacation would probably be somewhere quiet and wooded. A cabin along a river. That sort of thing." He looks over at me with a smile and these eyes I can't bare. It's almost like he wants to take me there himself already.

"I have to say, that sounds pretty nice." I sigh as I lay my head against the headrest while making eye contact with him.

"I mean, seriously. Can you imagine waking up to chirping birds and the flowing of a river right outside, and waking up next to the person you love?" Flirting as best as I know how.

"Sounds like a dream." Schlatt releases with a starry vision.

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having pulled into the parking lot we get out of the car see the guys already waiting at the door.

"So since Ted and Shae live in LA which is 2 hours away, they'll be staying with us tonight." Nick concludes.

"Yeah you forgot to mention that bonehead." I chirp.

"Hey watch it. If you keep up the attitude I'll have to get you the 8 ounce sirloin instead of the 16 ounce."

"There they are!" I exclaim, seeing Shae wave out the window to us and of course I wave back. They get out and walk towards us holding each other's hand. I wish Schlatt would just be a man and hold mine already. I thought I was making it obvious but here we are. Maybe I should take matters into my own hands.

"Hey girl! Long time no talk how dare you!" Shae wraps me in one of her warm hugs. She's such a sweetheart and always has been.

"College exams, streaming, music stuff, you know the drill, hun. Who knew a hobby would turn into a full time job and pay my bills too?" We both chuckle. It's funny because it's true. What started as a dare (Justine and my other friends pressured me into posting a clip of me singing), turned out to put me on the right path, and then making music with the group skyrocketed my entire career.

"I need a rum and coke, let's get in there!" Ted says wrapping his arm around Shae as we all head inside.

I head to the bar and order just a large fry. Traveling always stripped my appetite away anyhow. Schlatt comes over and twirls my ponytail in his fingers and sits beside me.

"I can't possibly let a woman like you be all alone on a night like this." He says smiling at me.

"Oh yeah, why is that?"

"I mean you're too beautiful not be pampered. You're a doll anyways and I like being around you. Need any more reasons?"

"I mean, tell me how you really feel. You can't possibly keep going."

"Oh I could if I wanted to." He whispered under his breath, cupping my chin with his hands.

"I don't know if I have anymore butterflies to spare. You're mighty bold. It's kinda hot. I like a man who's confident."

We both turn to face all of the decadent bottles of alcohol that line the shelving in front of us. I need to make a move. There's no way this can go on for much longer-

"Hey can I buy you a drink?" Schlatt interrupts my thoughts.

"I would love that." I say, smiling and gazing into his eyes.

"Red or white wine?"

"Whiskey."