pt. 18: they're screaming your name🔥

Friday, 10:07 am

We arrived at the convention center nearly an hour earlier than we would be expected because every person in our friend group has never been to this center, let alone a music con anyways.

"I'm going to need to check your IDs and badges." We we're all halted by a security guard who looked like he stilled needed some coffee to wake him up, or just another hour of sleep.

"Miss how old are you?" The man questioned.

"Me? Oh, I turned 21 about two months ago."

"You're the size of an elementary schooler. I highly doubt it."

I heard mild wheezes from all of my immature friends behind me.

"She's actually telling the truth. We all went to her party. We got freaking wasted-"

"SHUT UP LARRY." Grunk grumbles through his teeth.

"Go on. Don't be too rowdy."

"Have a good day, sir." I say as Schlatt holds open the door for me and then walks in, leaving the rest of the guys behind.

"You too, Miss." The officer said with a warm tone and tender grin. You should never underestimate the power of kindness, especially towards someone who is a little rough around the edges.

"Look at Little Miss Goodie Two Shoes over here." Schlatt bends down to my ear to whisper even though it wasn't something to be hushed.

"Hey! That's just how I was brought up, unlike you; roughing it in the New York City sewers."

"I learned how to defend myself while you were singing "yeehaw" and twirling your lasso at a rodeo."

"I have actually done that once. Speaking of self defense I did tie up a 300 pound hog in under 35 seconds at that rodeo. I still have my gold ribbon."

"You re the most honky-tonk, sweet home Alabama chick I have ever met."

"I like that. It's got a good ring to it, and I appreciate that. It takes me back to my roots." I say, smiling sweetly while gazing into his eyes. He gets me like no one else, and to think he wants me? That's almost crazy enough to be too good to be true.

11:51 am

Over the course of the last two hours we all ate breakfast catered by iHop with other creators, toured the entire campus, arranged and set up our booths, and got our mic packs clipped onto our outfits. Because I'm a woman, I have the advantage of hooking it on my bra with a little help from Shae. I learned this trick from theatre experience- a secure mic pack makes for a secure performance.

The doors opened at 11:30 but the actual convention doesn't start until 12:00 sharp. All the creators and sponsors were in the lounges tucked away from fans, and then the scheduled performers were getting ready back behind their corresponding stages. I'm a singer, so I'm at the singing stage, versus Yung Kage currently being at the rap stage across campus.

As a performer, the sound of eager prople screeching of excitement gave me a rush. A thrill that nothing else can give me.

As I'm watching the digital clock with seconds on the wall is see it say 11:59:34. At the 30 second mark, they started to count down.

"Y/N!! Y/N!! Y/N!! Y/N!!"

"10!! 9!! 8!!"

"You hear them? They adore you." Schlatt leans down and caresses my face causing me to turn more pink than all the blush I already have in.

"They're waiting for you. They're screaming your name. Go rock the house, darling." He kisses my cheek slyly in front of all the guys, causing their jaws to drop and eyes to widen.

As much as I want him all to myself right now, that made my nonexistent nerves all the more worse.