Chapter 5

LISA

"Lalisa! Someone is looking for you." Wendy said, going inside the kitchen while holding the tray with dishes that needs to be washed.

"Who?" I asked, fixing my gaze towards her as I finished the dish I'm currently serving.

"Mr. Kim's daughter, Ms. Jennie Kim. She's at the Mr. Kim's private office, at top floor." She stated, while laying down the tray at the counter near the faucet.

"Tell her, I can't come." I said looking away, dismissing the topic about her. She nods in response not asking anymore questions because she also knows about our past, she made her way to a small room at the corner of the kitchen that has the call box connected at the VIP Rooms specially Mr. Kim's private office that only some of the staffs know, it is where he spends his time here to cool off and to talk to me, meaning all these years after we broke up, he's been the one he talked to. So, I'm quite surprised that Mr. Kim isn't the one calling me.

After a few minutes, she came out and said, "Umm, she said that she don't accept a 'no' as an answer and you also need to be there right now, as in right now." I looked at her and glanced away as I combed my hair with my fingers in exhaustion earning the attention of the kitchen staffs.

"Okay, I'll come" I said as I removed my apron, Seulgi walked into my direction, holding my shoulders.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked in concern.

"Yup, I need to talk to her. I need to tell her that she needs to stop to whatever her next move is." I said while wiping my hands with the towel that is on the counter.

"What if she wouldn't stop? That she will be persistent towards you, and will do anything to make you love her again." She stated.

"I don't know, Seul." I said. To be honest, I don't know what to do and what to say if she ever do that. I don't want to get my hopes high, that she will not do it again. I'm scared to love, to love her again, she already broke my trust and I don't want to build that and she will break it once again.

"Whatever your decision is, I will support you. Always remember that, but think of it deeply that you know it is the right thing to do."

"Thank you, Seul." I said sincerely and she tapped my shoulder.

"You should probably go now, or else that tiger might snap out and burn this restaurant out of anger." I chuckled at her remarks.

"I probably should" I said before going out of the kitchen.

I walked my way at the elevator, waiting for it to open, after awhile of waiting it finally opened as I walked inside of it with the other waiters.

"What floor are you going, chef?" Adi asked, one of the waiters inside the elevator.

"Top floor" I responded and I heard him hummed as a reply.

After a few minutes of stopping at every floor, I finally arrived at my destination which is Mr. Kim's office and may soon be his daughter's.

I knocked at the door, and I heard someone replied 'come in'  which I know by her voice that she's probably angry by now because she hates tardiness, the same typical Jennie Kim I know. But I couldn't care less, she wants me back didn't she? Then she needs to bear with my little game, if she couldn't handle it, then she better give up already.

"Miss Kim, may I know why did you called?" I asked while focusing on her back profile because she was looking by the window, enjoying the view.

"Stop the formalities, mon amour." She said as she turned her back and stared at me, checking my body from head to toe.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Kim. But I can't drop my formalities especially if it's related to work" I said in my professional tone, standing straight and placed my hands at my back.

"Is that so?" She asked, more like sarcastically and I hummed in sarcasm.

"Well I came all the way here, to hand you this precious and beautiful flowers as my sign that I'll be courting you from now on and you'll be receiving gifts from me. Also, as an assurance to you that I will never ever give up on winning you back." She stated, walking in my direction as she gives me a bouquet of flowers, my favourite, Edelweiss; with a mix of pink roses, and lilies.

My eyes sparkled at the view of flowers infront of me, I wanted to accept it but I don't wanted to specifically from her.

I tried not to scoff, "It's funny how you're now the one who's going to court me, Ms. Kim. Things do really revolve and change, how ironic."

"I know, there's nothing wrong in trying, isn't it?" She said leaning her back against her soon-to-be desk.

"Hmm thank you for the flowers, but I don't accept gifts Ms. Kim" I delivered, refusing her offer.

"Oh...." I heard her tell as her emotion drops but she chose to shrugged it off, ignoring it.

Now, why do I felt guilty? I have to do this, so that she will stop.

"Is there anything you have to say, Miss Kim?"

"Umm, can we talk?" She said clearing her throat.

"We're already talking, Miss Kim."

"I know, but it's about our past, can we talk and fixed this through?" She said looking at me and I immediately looked away.

"I'm afraid not, I suggest that we could only talk about work matters and set aside our personal issues." I said looking straight into her cat eyes.

"Lisa, please?" She pleaded sincerely, hoping me to say yes.

"I'm sorry Miss Kim, I have to go" I said and bowed down before walking at the door.

I was about to turn the knob when I felt a pair of arms snaked around my waist preventing me to open the door making me froze in my spot.

"Lisa, I'm sorry. Talk to me please" She said while burying her head into my neck, pulling me close to her, trapping my body against hers.

"Miss Kim, can you stop?" I said coldy, preventing my tears to drop.

She didn't responded instead she shooked her head that is still burying onto my neck, as I felt a liquid drops into my neck, sobbing.

"Stop making this hard for me"  I whispered into my thoughts as I looked up preventing my  tears to flow.

"I really got to go" I said, removing her arms from my waist as I continued to left.

I leaned my back at the wall outside her office, as I heard her loud sobs and wailed while shouting my name. My tears were now streaming down my face as I wiped it immediately before someone could see me cry.