Chapter 12

LISA

"Let's break up." I muttered while staring intently into her thin frame who's looking so unbothered while she was leaning at the bed frame, scrolling through her phone.

"Finally! You've finally said that damn word!" She exclaimed as she rose up from the bed, spreading her arms in rejoice.

"What do you mean?" I said in confusion despite being surprised by her sudden outburst but I composed myself.

I know that question sounded so stupid of me but I just wanted to make sure.

Did she really wanted this ever since?

She's already tired of me?

Since before?

"Fine, let's break up! I'm already tired of you anyway. I'm just waiting for you to said that most awaited words of yours." She said with a hint irritation in her voice.

"What? I'm so confused."

"Can you stop acting dumb? Lisa! We both already know that this relationship isn't working anymore! We don't even have time for each other. We barely go out and have some romantic dates because all we care is about our own goals and careers in the future." She uttered but it's more like an insult.

"Excuse me? What did you just said 'we'? Just to let you know that you are the one who's only so focused on your goal in life to the fact that you even forgotten that you have a girlfriend. A girlfriend who did nothing but to look out for you even though all you did was to push me away and gave me cold shoulders! A girlfriend who always wait for you outside at your building only to found out that someone else picked you up instead. I sometimes asked you to go out to have a date but you're always rejecting it. And you're telling me it's also my fault?" I bursted.

"Fine! It's my fault! Happy now? I'm the one to blame that our relationship became like this, I'm the reason why our relationship is not working anymore, I'm the reason why we're now breaking apart, I'm the one to blame."

"Tsk. Whatever. But how can you explain the texts that both of you exchanged?" I said as I showed her the messages that is flashing through my phone.

"It's just a friendly text. We're friends for Pete's sake!" She yelled.

"That is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard!
Friends? Is there any friends who call each other 'love, babe, baby'?" I said sarcastically.

"Can you stop with that stupid jealousy of yours? As I've said, we're just friends nothing more, nothing less." She uttered in defence.

" Okay then, how can you explain the kiss that you both shared yesterday? It's so sweet and passionate to the fact that someone already saw you both and that's me. Jennie, my friends always told me that you're cheating behind my back but I didn't believe it because I know that you're not the type of person who would do such things but I guess, I was wrong, I saw it with my own eyes. The way that you're kissing him, the way you both hangout, the way you both go out to have some time with each other, the way he picked you up after the every end of your semester, the way you both kissed that I should be the one who's doing all of that because I'm your girlfriend and he's just your friend! It hurts, it hurts to know that the girlfriend of mine is being with someone that isn't me. We've been together for five years and you're just going to waste that for that trashy friend of yours." I bursted without any pause as I felt my tears starts streaming  onto my face.

I felt hurt and betrayed because of her one unforgivable act.

"Fine! I admit it! I'm cheating on you! I mean, who wouldn't? You're boring. I didn't felt the sparks anymore, I don't feel any happiness with you and I only found myself happy when I'm with him. He made me feel loved, he made me feel that I'm his priority that you didn't made me feel. When I'm with him I felt happy more than I'm with you. About us, it's falling apart and that's the truth." She uttered.

She said those words like it was just nothing and here I am, with a broken heart that just keeps shattering at every words she said.

I'm hurting.

"Am I not enough?" I blurted.

"You're more than enough! But we're falling apart! It's not working anymore. You’ve done nothing but being kind to me. You loved me, I know that. But in this world, nothing lasts forever, and I couldn't stay with you, you're hurting and so am I. I feel like we have to end this now, because we’re just torturing each other. We need to let ourselves free from one another. I'm sorry for what I've done but I'm happy when I'm with him and I hope you could find yours too." She said softly as she looked down, avoiding my gaze.

The voice I used to loved....

But she hurted me.

I couldn't forgive her for that.

"I'm letting you go now, be happy with him." I said, giving her a forceful smile.

"But don't you even dare to ever show your face to me again because it made me sick. I hate to hear everything you say, I hate your smile, I hate your eyes, I hate your cheeks, I hate your body, I hate everything about you!" I added as I pointed my finger at her.

"I understand. I'm sorry again, Lisayah." She said as she looked up to me, meeting my eyes and there I saw how her nose and eyes were puffy due to crying which I found unnoticed earlier.

She's crying.

I wanted to wipe those tears and tell her that it's okay but I couldn't. She hurted me enough for me to hate her.

Someone can wipe that tears away and it's him.

Not me.

"I should go now. Bye, Lisayah.'Till next time, be happy." She mumbled before engulfing me into a hug.

"Let me hug you for the last time." She whispered as she rested her head into my chest and I hugged her back.

We both stayed in that position for a few minutes which accompanied by the sound of sobbing and muffled sniffing.

The last hug before we parted our ways.

I wiped some of my tears before pulling myself from the hug as I looked at her face, her nose and eyes were red. And I couldn't help but to feel pity.

"Bye Lisayah." She said, smiling cheekily.

"Bye." I replied as I saw her walked away from me, opening the door to go out.

_________

"Why do you have to come back? I'm moving on but you came back. I hate you but I can't help myself getting too soft when I saw you. Why? Why are you doing this to me? Jennie Kim, why did you come back?" I mumbled as I looked at the night sky. My tears were now brimming down into my face as I reminisce those bad memories.

"Why are you still awake? It's now midnight." Someone spoke as I wiped my tears before facing her.

"I'm just thinking of something, Chae." I said, facing her completely.

"Are you crying? Don't tell me, it's because of her. Is it her? " She asked.

"I'm fine. I just don't get it. Why did she have to come back? When I'm moving on?"

"Fate is really playing between the both of you. Kidding aside, but if she's serious about getting you back then give her a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance, if she waste this chance then it's her loss. Lisayah, give her a chance. I'm not saying this because she's the friend of Jisoo but I know there's a reason why the both of you met again after so many years has passed, she's a good person and you know that." She uttered as she opened the fridge to drink some water.

"I don't know, Chae." I uttered and shooked my head while looking down.

"Think of it, okay?" She said, pacing her way towards me and tapped my shoulder before exiting the kitchen.

Damn you Jennie Kim for making me feel like this.

Damn you.