Chapter 8

LISA

She made her way down completely stepping her foot at the dining hall with her heels clanking at every steps she make and proceeds her way to her parents to kiss their cheeks which they gladly reciprocate. But she walked her direction towards me as our cheeks brushed into each other and her next action surprised me, since she kissed my both cheeks but it was way more longer than the way she kissed her parent's cheeks compared to mine and whispered something into my ear.

"Finally you've came, hun" She whispered before retracting her face from mine that sends shivers into my whole body, but I chose to shrugged it off.

"You look fabulous, Ruby Jane. Right Lisa?" Mr. Kim complimented his daughter, and they fixed their gaze towards me anticipating for my answer.

"Y-yeah, you look good." I cursed under my breath as I stuttered at my first word.

I saw her looked down out of shyness and a flush of red tint that is visible into her cheeks. I chuckled into the back of my mind, I found it really amusing that I still have this affect to her but to me, yes, she still have an effect into me but I chose to ignore it for the better.

"Let's eat now, shall we?" Uncle said, as I sighed in relief because of the awkwardness was gone.

"We should, or the foods will get cold." Auntie said, agreeing.

We marched our way to our respective seats, I was about to take a seat at the right side of the table when auntie said something to Jennie that made me froze into my place.

"Ruby Jane, you should take a seat beside Lisa. To the both of you to catch up with each other, Lisa wouldn't probably mind, right Lisa?" Auntie glanced at me, waiting for my answer.

"Ah, yes. I-I wouldn't mind, after all." I said as I saw her eyes sparkled as what she have heard from me.

Taking a seat, she quickly walked to the other side of the table to seat beside me, upon arriving, she held the top rail of the chair and proceeds to take a seat beside me as I looked straight preventing to look into her eyes.

"Let's now eat. Lisa, be comfortable okay? Don't be shy." Auntie said.

"Yes, auntie." I muttered.

After the little chit-chat, we proceeds to eat in silence. The sounds of utensils clanking against the glass plates, breathing of people in this hall, background sounds coming from the out and more.

I was about to reach the bowl of soup when she also reached for it making our hands touched against each other, there's that spark again, the same way I felt before as I shut my eyes at the sudden contact but opened it afterwards and proceeds to look at her.

"You can have it first, Miss Kim" I said as I let go of the bowl.

"No, it's okay. You can have it, Lisa." She said with her soft tone, looking directly into my eyes.

"It's okay, Miss Kim. You can have it" I insisted.

"No, it's okay." She insisted.

"It's really okay, I insist, Miss Kim." I said with a hint of irritation in my voice.

"Are you sure?" She asked, waiting for my confirmation.

"Yes, I'm sure." I smiled fakely at her.

She seemed to understand my response and reaches for the bowl of soup, putting some on her soup bowl which is placed beside her plate.

"Here, you can have it now." She said before placing it at the center of the table.

"I'm okay, I changed my mind already since I've been eating soups lately so might as well try some other foods than soup." I said trying to make an excuse.

"O-okay then."

I didn't reply anymore as I sliced the steak infront of me with my knife, staying silent to avoid any encounter with her. As I was eating silently, I placed the utensils I was holding to reach for the glass of sparkling water to drink as I placed my left hand to my lap to take a sip. While drinking, I felt a hand snaked into my left hand which surprised me, I glanced at the person beside me but she didn't even budge and continues to eat her food silently. As much as I liked her hand wrapped around mine, I dont want to get hurt once again. I tried retracting my hand from hers but it was no use, I still tried and tried and tried but it was no avail and I didn't do anything but hissed silently in my seat.

Placing the glass down, I intended to drop the table napkin that is on my lap, I bended myself down to reach for it. Before picking up the table napkin, I forced my hand away from her but it was no use so I pinched her side making her hissed in pain, letting go of my hand. I smiled in victory as I picked up the napkin.

"Are you okay, dear?" Auntie said, concerned for her daughter.

"Yeah, I'm okay mom." Jennie said, smiling fakely while holding her waist.

I placed the cloth into my lap and continues to eat peacefully like nothing happend awhile ago. I heard uncle cleared his throat before saying something.

"So, Lisa. Are you busy this days?" He said while looking at me as he wiped the corner of his lips.

I glanced at him before replying, "Not really, uncle. Why? Is there something you need?" I asked since whenever he asked me those words, that means he needs something from me and I'll gladly accept it because it also serves as my thank you for them.

"Yes. Do you teach someone to cook? A cooking class, I must say." He muttered, making my brows meet in confusion.

"Apparently, no. Why though? Do you need me to teach you some recipes of mine? I can do that for you, Uncle. Just tell me the date and time." I said, but I can't help to be in confusion about his sudden statement.

"Well, I want to but I'm to old and lazy to fo that but someone wants to. And she'll be really glad that you're going to be her teacher."

"Who is it?" I asked, confused on who will it be, maybe Jisoo? She loves chicken so might as well try a new recipe for a new chicken dish.

"My daughter, Jennie. She would like you to be her cooking teacher and she'll be looking forward for it. So? What do you say? Will it be okay? Lisa?" I froze at my spot as I heard the person, I looked at the person beside me and there I saw her looking down into her seat. I immediately recovered from shock and fixed my gaze at uncle who is waiting for my answer.

I cleared my throat before answering, "Yes, It's okay. I can teach her some recipes. When will it be? How many days?"

I hope it will be not a long time because that would be the death of me.

"Great! Will it be okay starting on Saturday? From Saturday to Wednesdays? About how many days, I still don't know yet, it depends on her progress. And lastly, you'll get to decide on what will be the time because I don't know you're schedules that much and their are some times that the restaurant will be full of customers."

"Okay, Saturday it is. About the time, at the weekends it will be at 1:30 pm to 4 pm. Meanwhile, at Mondays to Wednesdays it will be 8 am to 11 am." I said.

"What do you say, Ruby Jane?" Uncle asked her making me avert my gaze from uncle to her.

"That's more than okay, dad. But can she teach me at my house? I don't like it to be at the restaurant because I hate loud noises." I stared at her intently but I know deep inside she's doing this to make up with me and this is also part of her plan which is to win me back.

Such a shame, I can't be that soft to you and don't expect that much to treat you good. Well at first, but as time passed by you're going to regret it.

Why is she doing this?

To hurt me once again?

Your plan won't work on me, Ruby Jane.

"Lisa? Is that okay with you? I'm sorry, my daughter is really demanding."

"Yes, it's okay, uncle. Don't worry, I'll handle her well." I said, smirking mischievously at my mind.