1. Be mine?

[A/N - On particular updating days you MAY receive more than one update for whatever book is being updated that day. As long as you're voting/commenting actively! Even if you're silent— I do have "leave your thoughts" at the end of EACH chapter and you can comment there and leave atleast ONE comment about the chapter overall. The more votes/comments mean MORE updates.]

February 13, 2017

February 13, 2017

••••••

Kasim walked around the mall with his phone out scrolling through the group chat he shared with Zuri and Nala.

Today was the day before Valentine's Day and they had been throwing hints about how he still hadn't asked them to be his dates or what they wanted for the day when he'd usually had planned things a week prior. He chuckled and sent the laugh reaction to their messages before responding telling them to chill out and that he'd be home soon from handling "business" as he told them. Truth was he was out running around getting their gifts for tomorrow and things to give them today so he could officially ask them to be his valentines.

Three years later he still applied pressure and had them spoiled so he knew that they both had an attitude with him by now. Soon they'd be texting him apologizing once the edible arrangements, flowers and balloons had delivered. He had already had the hotel room decorated and set up by his younger sister and on the edible arrangement card detailed them on the hotel and room number to meet him at and what time to meet him.

Walking into Saks Fifth— he'd headed straight to the counter, "hey big head," his bestfriend Sarayah greeted him. "You lucky I worked today, these jackets sold out so fast." She told him.

"Preciate' ya Ray," he grabbed the jacket and eyed it, Zuri had been begging for it and he'd been waiting until it dropped again being he missed it the first time— it was an Burberry belted tartan plaid shell jacket. "This mothafucka' pricy ain't it?"

$2,590 before taxes.

"Here's the bag you asked for too," she handed him the orange Prada bag. It was a Gelleria Saffiano Leather Mini Bag. "Let's not act like these are hurting your pockets— please." She laughed when he eyed that tag as well. It was for Nala, she obsessed over a good designer bag.

$3,550 before taxes.

He chuckled and pulled out his card, "It ain't hurtin' me but damn. I remember shopping at citi trends back in highschool— these mothafucka's couldn't wait until my career took off,"

"Or they couldn't wait until ya daddy died,"

Kasim laughed at that, "that was one thing he got right— never would've touched two mil if he hadn't done that."

"I still don't understand how he left everything to the only kid he never took care of? Was it guilt?"

Kasim shrugged, "ain't like I can ask the nigga now— I do preciate' him though."