03

Ever since the party, Angela had been thinking about Lottie's behavior. She had never had anyone who had been so protective to her except for Timothy.

And she resented anyone being attached to her that way, even though Lottie denied it. You don't beat up a random guy just because Angela was proudly showing off her new piercing.

"Angela ! Charlotte's here !" His father shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"Don't let her in !" She yelled back as she put away the ice cream she had just eaten.

Paul opened his eyes wide and turned to Lottie whom he had already invited inside.

The blonde walked down the stairs and her expression changed when she spotted Lottie in the kitchen.

She cursed under her breath and turned to her father before grabbing his arm and dragging him into the living room.

"Why did you let her in ?" She whispered-yelled with her eyes wide open.

"You said she was your friend !" He exclaimed defensively.

"That's not a reason to-" She took a deep breath and pulled away to run her hands nervously over her face. "Nevermind."

"Angel, I know that because of your mother you think you-"

"Don't say it, please." She sighed, wiping a tear from the corner of her eye quickly.

"Sorry." He whispered, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I'll leave you alone."

He walked away and ran up the stairs quickly.

Angela sighed again trying to collect herself.

She shouldn't have agreed to let someone new into her life in the first place. Friendly or romantically. She tried to be the meanest with Lottie to scare her away, without success. It was as if Lottie was determined to prove to her that she was patient enough to get through anything.

She didn't like Lottie. She was clumsy, too tall, was too touchy, her friends were mostly annoying.

So Angela couldn't put her finger on what had made her accept or even just not give up right now.

"I'm sorry for what I did." Lottie said, stopping hesitantly behind Angela.

"It's okay. I'm mad or anything." She sniffled, not turning around.

"So you're not coming to school today ?" She asked, trying to hide in her voice how badly she wanted her to come.

"Yeah no, I'm not going today. Thanks for coming though." She replied finally.

----------

Laura and Van both look at Lottie playing with the food on her plate sadly, the palm of her hand against her cheek.

Lottie felt guilty. Only because Angela seemed more exhausted and sad because of her when she came to see her. Not for this stupid guy.

"Do you think we should say something ?" Laura asked turning to the rest of the team.

"She must be depressed not being with her little girlfriend-" Taissa rolled her eyes and Van nudged her.

"Well it's good for once not to have any complaints about what I eat." Mari mumbled as she continued to eat.