13

After two months of dating, Angela thought she knew what Lottie's love language was.

But clearly she didn't.

It started slowly at first, it was flowers, or chocolates, then it quickly turned into more extravagant gifts like books or even vinyls.

It seemed insignificant, it was mostly occasional and that was why Angela didn't immediately make the connection.

Until something suddenly changed that afternoon.

"Want to go shopping ?"

Angela looked up from her phone and raised a doubtful eyebrow. "Do you wanna go shopping ?"

"I do what you want to do." Lottie shrugged with a smile.

The blonde thought for a moment. "I mean I wouldn't say no to a Starbucks but-"

"Let's go to Starbucks then." She cut her off immediately, turning to the driver. "Drop us the nearest Starbucks please Alfred."

Angela giggled and grabbed Lottie's hand. "What ? You want to be forgiven for something ? You cheated on me ?"

"No." Lottie shook her head sharply. "I just want you to be happy."

"Right..." Angela tilted her head to the side with a playful smile.

The car parked, and Lottie rushed to open the door for Angela.

The blonde got out of the car and put her hand on Lottie's shoulder dramatically. "You can tell me anything, you know ? Who were you cheating on me with ? Laura Lee ?"

The dark haired girl rolled her eyes and closed the car door before following Angela inside.

The two took orders and another thing changed.

Lottie rushed to pay for Angela. Not even giving her time to search through her purse, which was in Lottie's hands by the way.

"Okay, I was joking at first but it's not funny anymore. Who was it ? Mari ?" Angela gasped in realization as she brought a hand to her mouth. "Gen ? Misty ?"

Lottie scoffed as she released her straw. "You're just quoting my whole team-"

"The gayest people on this planet." The blonde chuckled before getting serious again. "But seriously, who was it ?"

"I didn't cheated on you Angela I-" Lottie cleared her throat, now uncomfortable.

She was about to tell her that she loved her without even realizing it.

"-I would never do that."

"Hm mm." She nodded as she ate her Starbucks lollipop. "I'm sure it's Nat now."

"W-W-What w-why would-"

"I'm just kidding, relax." Angela interrupted her in her stutter. "Thanks for paying by the way."

"You're welcome." Lottie replied now more relaxed as she sat up better in her chair. "It makes me happy to make you happy. You're happy, aren't you ?"

"Oh yeah I'm very happy." The blonde nodded. "I'm always happy with you anyway."

Lottie smiled even brighter and watched as her girlfriend scrolled down on her phone and chuckled her drink in her hand.

Angela lifted her phone to her mouth to record a voice message. "I know, right ? I absolutely want this. At this point this is not a want but a need."