10

"Yeah like I was so chocked when I first saw it ! He could have at least talk to me about it ! That's a decision he is supposed to make with me ! What am I gonna say to my future childrend-"

Angela listened intently to Mia's rambling about her boyfriend's new haircut.

"I understand your point of view. But you know it's also his body so his choices." She interrupted her, glancing at her from in front of her mirror.

Mia scoffed. "Which side are you on ? He shaved his head ! It's not a fucking Taylor Swift song-"

"What's it got to do with Taylor Swift ?" She asked in disbelief, making a face.

"Nothing ! I don't know, I'm upset Angela !" She sobbed as she took out her phone. "Look ! He looks like Homer from The Simpsons !"

"It's not that big of a deal." Angela rolled her eyes as she put her lipstick back in her locker.

"Angela I'm dead serious-"

Lottie came up from behind and grabbed Angela's hand. "Hi love."

"Hey I was about to-"

"We have to go." She squeezed her hand tightly, already pulling me forward. "Now."

Mia closed Angela's locker as she saw the two leave. "Huh we we're talking about something important-"

"It can wait !" She responded by hurrying away from the crowd.

Lottie dragged Angela into the janitor's closet before locking them both in there.

The blonde chuckled. "Do you realize we don't need to go back to the closet ? Figuratively and literally, Lotttie we're girlfriends-"

"I can't be there tonight." Lottie blurted out.

"What ? But Gaby was so excited for this dinner !" She exclaimed, the disappointment in her voice making itself felt strongly.

Lottie and Angela had been together for a month now. Paul was still upset that we were hiding it from him at first, and didn't approve of the relationship that much, while Gaby was surprisingly very pleased.

She had even invited Lottie to dinner so that she would introduce herself properly, and Angela was not against it. But unfortunately, fate decided otherwise.

"I know, I'm sorry..." She apologized by taking Angela's hands in hers. "But I'll make it up to you, I promise."

The blonde felt her heart clench in her chest. "Why-"

"My parents." Lottie chewed her lip nervously. "They are back."

To be honest, Angela didn't like Lottie's parents. They were a lot into showing off, but everyone knew they didn't care about their daughters.

Especially her, because she had spent countless nights at Lottie's. And each time she realized a little more how much the girl was alone.

They left her alone and for only consideration they bought her gifts of all kinds.

And when we had the misfortune to see them again, they wanted Lottie near them as a decoration. They didn't even really care about her when they were there or in her presence.