14

"... What were you supposed to do ? And then who says 'I love you' on the goddamn phone ? Even my bald boyfriend waited for us to be face to face ! It's completely normal to panic-"

"Mia." Angela interrupted with a sigh. "You're trying to defend the indefensible. I am in the wrong."

"I know." The brunette took the blonde by the shoulders and shook her a little by the side. "I'm just trying to make you feel less miserable."

The blonde sniffled and wiped her eyes before taking another scoop from her tub of ice cream. "Thank you, I feel a little better since you've been here."

"No problem." Mia replied, laying her head on his shoulder. "I'll always be here for you."

"Stop that." Angela rolled her eyes playfully. "You're going to make me cry again-"

The front door opened and the two girls turned their heads to see Paul walking in with a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Hey girls." He took off his shoes. "There's a flower delivery for you Angela."

"Who sent her this ?" Mia asked curiously.

Paul reads the little card with it approaching the couch where the two friends were sitting. "It just says. 'I'm sorry if I upset you.' There is no indication of who sent it."

"Okay, she's apologizing for saying she loved you." The brunette shook her head with a sorry expression. "You're a bad girlfriend."

"I know." Angela began to sob again, tears rapidly rolling down her cheeks.

Mia started patting her back reassuringly, shaking her head.

Paul rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. "So you don't want to keep it ?"

"No !" She cried putting her head in a pillow to sob even harder.

Mia clicked her tongue and gestured for Paul to cut the flowers by running her thumb under her throat.

--------------

The next day at school was horrible. For both of them, Angela was avoiding Lottie, and Lottie was trying desperately to talk to the blonde.

And when Angela thought she had been able to manage to avoid Lottie pretty well until the end of the day, a tornado swept over her.

"Hey Angela !"

The blonde turned around hearing her name. But hardly her head was turned when she received a fist in the face. The students around gasped.

She bent down to hold her nose tightly trying to erase the pain. "What the fuck ?"

"You owe Lottie more than an apology or swear to god next time I'll damage your face with a bottle-"

"Don't swear to God-"

"-Laura Lee can you let me just-"

Angela stood up with confusion marked on her face. "Nat ?"

The two blondes turn towards her. Nat had an expression indicating that she was extremely angry and Laura Lee seemed to be worried.

"With all due respect, it's none of your business." Angela said letting go of her nose to put her bag back on her shoulder.

But Nat didn't listen to Laura Lee's advice and punched Angela in the nose again.