18

"Can you guys stop starring at me like that ?!"

All the team members sitting at the table waiting for Lottie to arrive, continued to silently staring at her.

She readjusted herself in her seat, uncomfortable, Lottie's big hoodie covering her casts on both wrists, only her fingers and a small piece of the casts peeking out of the sleeves.

"You look..." Akilah hesitated on her words for a moment, looking at the girl more insistently. "vulnerable."

"I don't fucking care." She growled impatiently, her cheeks red from the heat that had been bothering her for a while now, never having managed to take off that damn sweater.

"Aw Angela is upset because her babygirl's not here..." Van babbled falsely, making a sad pout to mock the blonde.

Giggles erupted across the table and Angela turned crimson.

"Wh- That's so not funny !" She exclaimed, turning towards the redhead who continued to laugh.

Gen grabbed Angela by the shoulders with a serious look, sending everyone a glare, and for a moment she thought someone was taking her seriously.

"Girls stop bothering the love of my life." She said falsely annoyed, taking on a high-pitched and exaggerated voice.

It was no secret that Lottie had a tendency to call Angela the love of her life whenever she got the chance.

Angela pushed Gen away, rolling her eyes, her face completely red. "Fuck. you."

"Aw Angela is sulking... Do you want to go to Strabucks so it can comfort you, love ?" Melissa added from the other side of the table.

Everyone burst out laughing and she internally wanted to sink six feet underground and never come out again.

Normally, she would have destroyed them with her freshly manicured nails one by one until they would eventually never opened their mouths about her or Lottie again, but in this state. She was just the perfect victim.

"Guys stop." Said Mia as she sat down next to her best friend to separate her from Gen.

Angela sighed in relief. "Thank God-"

"Otherwise Lottie is going to sue us all for having succeeded in making Angela blush, which she has never managed to do until then. But hey, thats the love of her life."

The laughter erupted so loudly that the rest of the cafeteria looked curiously in the direction of the table where the girls seemed to be choking more than laughing.

"You guys are being mean..." Laura Lee muttered, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"What is everyone laughing about ?" Lottie asked confused as she sat back in her place, kissing Angela's cheek gently in the process.

"You know, stupid people don't really need a reason to laugh." Angela responded simply with a shrug.

"What-"

"It's giving...Theodore in Alvin and the Chimpmunks." She chuckled as she talked about Angela's outfit consisting of Lottie's green sweater and her basic pair of baggy jeans.

Lottie frowned and turned to Melissa as the others continued to giggle. "What is that supposed to mean ?"

"I hate your friends."