12

"Lottie that's my cousin, Lukas." Angela announced, smiling brightly.

A little blond boy of perhaps no more than two years old was in her arms.

It was like seeing Angela as a baby, he was literally her twin, the blue and the reflection of the eyes, the hair, the shape of the nose and the mouth.

"He's cute." Lottie simply replied with a shrug. "He looks like you."

The blonde rolled her eyes and shook her head, stepping aside letting Lottie into the house.

"So my dad and my uncle went hunting for the weekend. Leaving Lukas to me and Timothy." She said putting the child on the couch carefully.

"What kind of hunt ?" She asked curiously.

Angela turned her head with a frown. "You don't want to know."

Lottie just sat on the other end of the couch, away from the baby. She didn't want to make a bad move, or make a mistake. Hanging out with kids was new to her.

------------

"He won't eat you, you know ?" Angela said playfully as she continued to hand the spoonful of vegetables to Lukas.

Lottie just continued to watch them from afar, her heart and smile melting at the sight of her girlfriend and the little boy babbling together.

The blonde giggled with each little spit of drool, or big or slow chew, or when he's giggling too.

"I'm going to get him his dessert, will you mind watching him during this time ?" She asked as she stood up.

"Sure." Lottie nodded as she watched the blonde walk away.

She turned to the child again, approaching her finger hesitantly to his cheek. He looked at her with big blue eyes. She poked his cheek and blinked making her jump.

He chuckled before violently grabbing Lottie's hand and began chewing on her finger.

She made a disgusted face when she saw all the drool coming out of his mouth.

Angela came back and had a moment of confusion. "Lottie, what are you doing ?"

"I try to remove my finger. But he's too strong !"

----------------

After Lukas had his nap, Angela had decided to invite lots of other children to come and play with him.

Which was a bad idea, because handling Lukas was one thing, but an order of kids another.

"Why are you dressed like a boy ?" A little girl asked pulling the blonde's sleeve.

"Because I'm out of clean laundry and that's all I have left." Angela rolled her eyes.

"Then why don't you wash clothes ?" The little girl insisted by pricking Angela's cheek without stopping.

The blonde was going to rebuff her badly but she received a handful of cold pasta in the face. She turned her face to see a little brown boy with Timothy's leftover pasta in his hands.