04

Mia did as usual after a sleepover with Angela. Steal her sweater, take her father's slippers. And go get the newspaper for Paul. They had been friends since childhood. And even though Angela would never admit it, they were practically best friends. And Mia was almost her only friend.

She was one of the people Angela trusted the most, because she had known her before she left for her mother. During all middle school.

So that morning, Lottie when she was waiting outside the door, Mia opened it.

And she didn't like it. She didn't like it at all. Because she was in Angela's sweater, and apparently had spent the night at her house. And just thinking about it made her feel jealous.

"Hi Lottie." She said simply picking up the newspaper. "Angela is eating, do you want to come in ?"

"Sure." She said simply as she walked inside.

Mia sat down next to her at the counter and quickly wolfed down her cereal.

Angela looked up from the phone as she swallowed her last toast. "Blue doesn't suit you."

The brunette next to her snored and wiped the milk around her mouth.

"Mia slept here. Can she come with me this morning ?" She raised an eyebrow as she got up to put her plate in the sink.

"Yeah. No problem." She gritted between her teeth as she picked up Angela's bag that was lying on the floor.

Mia got up too and swapped the slippers for shoes and grabbed her bag.

Alfred frowned in surprise as Lottie followed Angela and another unknown girl carrying their bags to the car.

"Are you going to sulk the whole ride ?" The blonde asked, noticing Lottie's disgruntled look once the car started.

"I'm not sulking." She shook her head, avoiding her gaze.

"She is." Mia muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Nobody asked you Mia." She spat as she crossed her arms to create a barrier between Angela and her.

Angela looked back and forth between Lottie and Mia. She could feel an invisible tension in the air causing her eyebrows to rise.

"So you don't want to talk to me anymore ?" She asked suspiciously, looking at Lottie, only able to see her clenched jaw.

She sighed dropping her shoulders and remained silent.

"Fine." Angela groans before turning to Mia. "So which one do you choose ? Aloe vera or cherry ?"

"Cherry. It's the best choice."

"I'll put on the aloe vera one then."

----------

"Why are you so grumpy ?"

Angela really wondered what put the girl in such a state. She had never seen her so upset.