Roses - Chrissy x tomboy!reader

Requested by: wolfymc
-

Albatross and Finch was hosting a dance and of course, everyone was excited. The whole mall was talking about it, and people were already asking each other out. You had someone in mind that you wanted to ask, and the girls of your group kept pressing on who it was.

"Who are you going to ask, Y/N?" Caitlin asked.

You glanced down a little before smiling shyly, "I plan to ask Chrissy."

"No way!" Nikki looked shocked. "Chrissy?"

You nodded, blushing a little. "I just- I really like her. I have for awhile, and she seems like she likes me back. We chat a lot during our breaks and she's a little flirty."

"That's so sweet, Y/N!" Caitlin gushed, while Nikki pretended to gag.

"Just- Why Chrissy of all people? You need higher standards." Nikki sighed, looking at you in disapproval.

"I don't know, but I like her, okay?" You sighed, standing up from your seat. "And I'm going to ask her to the dance."

"Good luck, Y/N!" Caitlin wished, as you walked away.

"You'll need it." Nikki stated, frowning.

-

You approached the Khaki barn, where you and Nikki worked together, and you decided to purchase a single rose beforehand. You were glad that you weren't working today, otherwise things would be awkward if Chrissy rejected you.

"Hey Chrissy." You smiled. You clutched the stem of the rose, ignoring the thorns.

"Y/N!" Chrissy gave you a bright smile. "What are you doing here? It's your day off today."

"I know, I know. I just came by to give you this." You stated awkwardly, handing her the rose. You cringed a little at the soreness from the thorn.

Chrissy took the rose, looking a little confused. She giggled. "Thank you, Y/N. What's this for?"

You took a deep breath, then looked down at your hands, avoiding her gaze. "I.. I really like you, Chrissy. I was wondering if you'd like to go to the dance with me."

Chrissy giggled, then pulled you into a hug. "I feel the same way, Y/N! Yes, I'll go with you!"

"Great!" You chuckled, shyly. You stumbled over your own feet a little. "Sorry."

Chrissy chuckled, "It's okay. I'll see you there!"

You walked out of the store, then stopped when you heard fangirling between Chrissy and the other two clones. You watched Chrissy show them the rose and talk about you, and you smiled, walking away. You were happy you had the courage to follow through with your decision.

-

"Y/N, since we all have dates, let's go dress shopping!" Caitlin exclaimed, walking out of the lemon.

"Technically, I don't have a date and I'm going with Jude." Jen muttered.

"I'm not that bad." Jude whined.

You chuckled, "I'd rather now wear a dress."

"Why not?" Caitlin asked.

"I'd rather wear a tux." You stated. "You already know I'm not that girly."

"Come on, Y/N. It's a special night! You have to wear a dress for once." Caitlin and Jen began dragging you away to go shopping with them. "Let's go."

You sighed in defeat, following them to the many clothing stores of the mall.

-

You stood aside in the store, feeling uncomfortable looking for a dress, while Caitlin and Jen were all over the place. Jude skated by the store, and spotted you in front of the entrance.

He walked inside, "Hey Y/N. How's it going?"

"Not good." You sighed. "I don't want to wear a dress but the girls keep insisting."

"Want to leave and just go find that suit you like?" He offered.

You smiled, "Thank you."

You and Jude left the store to find a suit instead of a dress to wear to the dance.

Jude helped you find a suit for the dance, along with a best man's suit instead of a maid of honor's dress for your cousin, Natalie's wedding you had to attend tomorrow. You figured to invite Chrissy to that too.

-

"Hey Chrissy." You greeted, walking into the khaki barn. The clones all gasped, seeing you in your tux. You smiled, then shyly handed Chrissy yet another rose. It was red, which matched her dress.

"Are roses our thing now?" Chrissy teased, taking the rose from you.

"Maybe." You shrugged. "Let's go."

Chrissy linked her arm with yours as you both walked out of the khaki barn to head to the dance.

-

"So you mean to tell me that you liked me since you first started working there?" Chrissy asked, as you held her shoulders, swaying to the music.

"Yup. Nikki thought I was crazy, but I knew it was only a matter of time until I confessed." You admitted.

"Oh my gosh. What does Nikki think about us?" She laughed, twirling you around.

You giggled then glanced at Nikki who was eating food with Jonesy at the table. "She still thinks it's weird but she doesn't mind much."

"I guess this is something she'll have to get used to. Her best friend dating her boss and all."

"Yup."

You held Chrissy close and she did her best not to freak out. She was a little clumsy and you teased her, causing her to blush.

"Don't step on your own foot." You teased, watching Chrissy stumble a little.

"Shut up!" She laughed, then held your shoulders. "I'm just really happy to be here, Y/N."

"I'm happy too." You told her. "Speaking of dances. Do you want to go with me to my cousin's wedding tomorrow? She said I can invite a date."

"So we're dating now?" Chrissy asked, blushing deeply. She tried her hardest to not squeal in excitement like she always does.

"I guess we are." You winked. "So would you be able to go next tomorrow?"

"Most likely. Are you going to surprise me with a rose again?" She smirked.

"Most likely." You replied, pecking her cheek.