Valentine's day - Jen x Male reader

Requested by @FireHeart137 🌸
I hope you like it!

~

Valentine's Day is coming up and there's this dance that will be hosted by Albatross at the mall.

The one person you've been wanting to take was Jen Masterson. You've had a longtime crush on her, ever since your first day at the penalty box, a year ago.

"I don't think I could go to the dance, Caitlin." Jen sighed. "I don't have a date."

"Jen, I'm sure someone will ask you." Caitlin assured her.

This caught your attention. "Do you have anyone specific you would want to go with?" You asked.

"I don't know." Jen chuckled. "But I want this dance to be special, I mean it's on Valentine's Day!"

"I'm sure that special someone would come around." You smiled, ignoring your feelings.

"I hope so."

~
You and Jen arrived at the gym to challenge each other basketball. You have been spending time with her, after work for the last few months.

After several rounds, Jen beat you.

"Take that!" She shouted, jumping up and down.

You laughed, pulling her into a hug. "Alright! Calm down. It was nice challenging you."

She blushed. "I had fun. We should do it again sometime."

You scratched your head nervously. "So uh there's this dance coming up and-"

"Jen! How are you?" A guy named Mike greeted, walking up to her.

She smiled. "Hi Mike. I'm just heading home. See you tomorrow (Y/N)."

You watched her leave, pushing down your annoyance towards Mike.

"She's a real beauty." He smirked. "I would be a winner if I scored her."

You glared at Mike. "She is beautiful, and she's more than just a trophy you could win."

"Don't be such a buzzkill."

You stormed into the locker room, not bothering to argue with Mike.

As you were getting ready to leave, Mike walked in with his friends.

"So I was thinking of asking that babe Jen." You overheard Mike say. His friends cheered and they gave him a high five.

Your heart immediately dropped. You knew you had to ask Jen out quick before he does.

The last thing you want to see is your happiness be happy with someone else.
~

The next day at the lemon, you asked Jonesy for advice.

"Wait so you like Jen?" Jonesy laughed.

You gave him a look. "Yes. You better not say anything."

"I won't! I won't" Jonesy said, putting his arms up in surrender. "You better make a move, if you don't want that Mike dude asking her out."

You nodded, getting up to buy flowers and plan everything special you could think of.

~

You headed your way to the Lemon, with a letter you wrote confessing how you feel and Jen's favorite flowers.

By the time you got there, you spotted Mike, putting his arm around Jen. She giggled leaning into him. Mike smirked and winked at you.

You dropped the flowers and letter, realizing it was too late.

Jonesy glanced at you, giving you a sympathetic look. You shook your head, leaving the mall.

~

Jonesy glared at Jen and Mike, while they were dancing together. He walked up to them, holding your letter and the flowers you got her.

"I hope you're happy Jen." Jonesy snapped, causing Jen to pull away from Mike.

"Happy?" She asked, raising a brow.

Jonesy nodded. "I hope you're happy for breaking a good man's heart."

He threw your letter, along with the flowers at her and went back to dance with Nikki.

"I can't believe you did that, Jonesy." Nikki chuckled. "Poor (Y/N) though."

Jen opened the letter and gasped, seeing it was from you. Her heart started beating fast.

"My longtime crush liked me back all this time.." Jen whispered.

"Jen?" Mike questioned. She just glanced at him and left the dance to find you.

~

You sat alone at the Lemon, thinking about what would've happened if you didn't let Mike interrupt you back at the gym. You were so close to telling her how you felt and he ruined that.

"(Y/N)?" You heard Jen say from behind you.

"Hi Jen." You smiled, pushing down your feelings. You realized the dance wasn't over yet. "Why aren't you at the dance? Where's Mike?"

Jen looked down, ashamed. "Jonesy gave me the letter you wrote." She put the letter on the table, along with the flowers. "And the flowers. The red roses. They're my favorite."

You looked around, trying to avoid her gaze. "I'm sorry I ruined your night."

"You didn't." She sighed. "Because I have feelings for you too."

You grinned, taking her hand in yours. She leaned in for a kiss. Words couldn't explain the relief you felt that she liked you back. All those doubts and heartbreaks disappeared at that moment.

"Let's go back to the gym." Jen smiled, pulling away.

"I bet I can win the next round." You laughed, messing her hair.

"It's so on!" She smirked.

~
Author's note
Up next: Jude x Reader 💘