Sweet side - Wayne x reader

Requested by: SarahMundell4
Side note: I know Wayne is older than the gang, but I don't know how much older he is. 😅 So let's just say you're both eighteen.
-

"One burger and one medium fries please!" You said to Wyatt.

Wayne gave Wyatt an annoyed look, as Wyatt sang his original burger songs to you, as he flipped a burger. Wayne shoved the fries you ordered into the fryer, but accidentally dropped some.

"Be careful next time." Wyatt told him. Wayne glared at Wyatt, and Wyatt sighed, handing you your burger, then put in a new load of fries. "Sorry about that, Y/N."

"It's okay." You shrugged, "I'm not in a rush."

Wayne sighed as he watched you leave after Wyatt gave you your fries. He had feelings for you for awhile, but didn't know how to approach you. He had seen you around the mall often, and always admired you from afar. You were close friends with Wyatt, even though Wyatt was a bit younger than you, because you were once his coworker at Spin this. Wayne found this fact really irritating.

"I don't see why she keeps coming by here." Wayne huffed, "I bet it's just because she's friends with you."

"Or she likes the food." Wyatt responded, cleaning the stove.

"Sure." Wayne snapped.

"Why does it matter whether she comes here or not?" Wyatt asked.

"It doesn't." Wayne shrugged, going back to work. Wyatt looked confused, then just figured it was Wayne being moody.

-

Wayne walked around the mall during his lunch break, then spotted you sitting down with your friends chatting in the food court. He felt his face heat up, admiring how beautiful you looked. He wanted to talk to you, but he didn't know how to approach you since everyone knew him as this huge jerk. He figured you saw him as a jerk as well.

"Hi Wayne!" You waved at him, catching him off guard.

Wayne blushed, and avoided your gaze, walking away as quickly as he could. You chuckled, finding it cute how he was shy. You turned back to your friends, "Anyway.."

Wayne went back to work, completely confused and flustered. He knew he needed to approach you and he needed advice from the nicest person he knows.

Just as Wayne walked into Burger Mcflipster's, he saw Wyatt about to leave to take his break.

"Wyatt, wait." Wayne sighed, causing Wyatt to turn towards him.

Wyatt frowned at Wayne in confusion. "What's wrong?"

Wayne blushed, and looked around awkwardly. "I like this girl and.. I don't know how to approach her."

"It's Y/N isn't it?" Wyatt rolled his eyes. "That's pretty obvious."

"So what if it's obvious, okay? I just.. I need help." Wayne admitted. As much as he hated to admit he needed help, he was desperate. He needed a way to approach you casually instead of being awkward or mean.

Wyatt sighed, "So you finally want to admit that you have a heart. Just try to approach her, ask her what she likes to do, and try to be polite for once."

"Thanks, man."

Wayne decided to approach you tomorrow, after gathering the courage. He wasn't sure how he was going to do it while being polite, but he wanted to try his best.
-

The next day, Wayne went to the usual place where you hung out, which was the food court. To his dismay, Wyatt was talking to you, and making you laugh. Jonesy was right next to him, which made Wayne feel more uneasy to approach you.

Wayne's heart started pounding faster as envy filled his mind. He wasn't sure how Wyatt could approach you so easily, or how being friendly could be something so casual to him.

Wayne stormed towards you and Wyatt, shoving Wyatt aside. "Hi Y/N. How's it going?"

You looked confused, then replied, "Hi Wayne! I'm doing okay."

Wyatt was about to continue to speak to you, when Wayne glared at him then snapped, "Do you mind?"

Wyatt raised his arms in surrender, smiling lightly.

Wayne sighed, then shoved a handwritten note to you. Jonesy took the note from you, read it and started laughing.

"Wayne has a heart?!" Jonesy laughed, putting a hand on his forehead. "Man, this is going to be good!"

"Wait, what?" You asked, taking the note from Jonesy.

"I'm going to tell everyone you're a hopeless romantic!" Jonesy laughed.

Wyatt looked at Wayne with sympathy, "Jonesy, knock it off!"

Jonesy just kept laughing, while Wyatt kept trying to shut him up. Wayne felt his face heat up, knowing you were looking at him. He stormed off before you could speak to him about the letter.

You decided to go look for him. You left, hearing Jonesy's laugh in the background.

-

You spotted Wayne sitting near the water fountain looking down, deep in thought and irritated at the same time. You walked up to him, sitting beside him. He looked up, as you spoke.

"Wayne? I read your letter, and I think it's very sweet."

"It sucked! It wasn't that sweet." Wayne huffed, frowning at you. "Let's just forget about it."

He started to get up, then you spoke up, "I feel the same way."

"What?"

You chuckled, then walked closer to him. "I feel the same way! I have for awhile. I always spoke to Wyatt about you, since you're both coworkers."

At first Wayne felt unsure, then began to smirk. "Well then, let's get some food. It's on me."

You and Wayne linked arms, walking towards the food court.

"Oh, and Y/N?" Wayne asked, as you both walked together.

"Yes?"

"Don't show that letter to anyone. Only you are allowed to know my sweet side. It's bad enough Jonesy already knows." He said, blushing deeply.

You chuckled, "Deal."