Begin again - Jude x reader

A few months ago, you've gotten out of a toxic relationship with your ex, who you've been with for three years. The breakup crushed you and you had given up on love, believing you could never find anyone else.

Your friends have noticed how much you've changed- and it wasn't in a good way. You were always in your room, your grades slipped, and you seemed to avoid spending time with them.

Today, your best friend came over to try and snap you out of this.

"(Y/N), you've been locked in your room for the last eight months." Your best friend, (Best friend name) said. "Let's stop by the Galleria mall and get some lunch."

You nodded, and got up to change.

~

After stopping by Wonder Taco, your friend went shopping at the Khaki Barn. You didn't have the energy to tag along, so you sat in the foodcourt.

You couldn't help, but wonder how your ex was doing. Was he thinking of you too? Has he moved on already?

The thought of your ex moving on made you break down. You let the tears flow, since it's been awhile since you've cried. You have been used to this numb feeling, almost as if you were a robot.

"What's wrong dudette?" You heard someone ask. You looked up and saw Jude, who was in your French class. He was holding his skateboard and he looked very worried about you.

You shrugged. "Just girl problems."

Jude sat next to you, pulling you in for a hug. "You can tell me. A beautiful girl like yourself shouldn't be crying by yourself."

You smiled a bit at his charm.

"There's that smile." He grinned, causing you to smile wider. "It's adorable."

You giggled, then decided to open up to him. "So this asshole ex of mine.."

~

By the time you finished your story, you were crying harder than ever. The memories hit you hard, when you were talking about it. In a way, you feel better letting it out to someone, even if that person was Jude.

Jude rubbed your back in circles, and whispered that everything will be okay.

"(Y/N), I know we barely speak to each other, but I'd like to change that." Jude said, holding you close. "I want to be there for you, and get to know you more."

You sniffled. "I would like that."

~ Fast forward

It has been a year since that fateful day and you and Jude have been together for nine months. Today, you and Jude decided to have a date at a bowling alley.

"I got a strike!" You laughed, running up to Jude. Since you were in your socks, you slipped a bit and he caught you.

"Careful clumsy." He chuckled, causing you to hide your face in embarrassment.

"I just got caught off guard." You smiled.

Jude lifted you up and you squealed.

"What are you doing?!" You exclaimed, trying not to fall.

"I wanted to carry you because you're cute" Jude smirked.

"Stop it!" You chuckled, blushing.

He put you down, and pulled you in for a hug.

"Thank you for being the best girlfriend ever." He whispered.

You looked at him, with your heart feeling whole.

"Thank you for showing me love still exists."