Banquet 2

"All Hail the Grand Emperor!" There was the monarch of Avesta sitting on his throne yet when the announcement was made it echoed akin to someone that had a stature even more magnificent than tens of rulers combined had arrived and the King of Avesta dared not be offended despite feeling that he was in a situation which he had never thought of.

How can an enemy barge into his royal palace uninvited?

A similar shock was resonating among all the people present yet the ladies could only gasp and the gentlemen could only watch without breathing. It was never said that Sovereign of Zeyphyr would be visiting in person, was it someone's challenge to him that he was answering?

Only the female standing in the middle of the ballroom or the Emperor himself could decipher that.

The nobles parted like the red sea paving way for the Grand Emperor and his train of delegates that have personally come to the birthday celebration of Princess Layla. They did not know what to say, was this a great honor or a direct threat that if he could come to deliver presents then if he did not receive what he desired he would also come to deliver a war.

"Welcome your majesty Emperor Zeyphyr!" The two monarchs exchanged pleasantries and Icarus was lead to a position arranged for the noblest of the guests from foreign nation. Long lashes bowed down kissing the cheekbones as molten gold irises refused to glace at the pretty angel that stood in a corner biting her bottom plump lip.

So she enticed him and did not expect him to come?

How cute.

A minister of Ardos came forward and read the declaration

"Greetings to the sun of Avesta, Ardos has heard of your selection of brides and wishes to express its gratitude for your consideration. Grand Emperor Zeyphyr wishes to greet the noble ladies that registered their names for the selection of the Empress."

It was not a suggestion but rather an indirect command- show me who dares to enter the lair of Icarus.

Who was the Grand Emperor?

His tales of being a tyrant and a conquering war monger were the only thing that was known to the world so many believed that he must be a dangerous man and refused to gave away their daughters. Multiple households that had great relations with the Everdale ask for a sketch of the monarch and after receiving it the females have flocked the imperial palace for having their names registered.

Now that the masculine male himself sat in the imperial palace dressed in ink fabric with his broad muscular shoulders covered by white wolf fur, gazing at the aristocrats like a panther there was not even a single person, men or women that were not affected by his charm.

So in reality if Emperor Icarus was an explicitly handsome devilish being.

Females that have earlier not registered too wished to come forward yet since the King had already decided on the selection of Princess Layla, only ten other females that had prestigious families and were able to compete with Everdales came forward bowing.

Icarus had a look at them all and asked for an introduction from a few yet only when it came to Layla there was a teasing gleam in his irises as if he had finally caught his favorite prey.

"G-Greetings to your imperial majesty.....I am Layla Avesta, the adopted daughter of King Avesta."

"Princess Layla, I must ask if you are happy with this selection, hopefully you haven't had an image of a middle aged old man while thinking of the Emperor of Ardos."

"N-NO! I m-mean how can I have such thoughts." The female blushed so beautifully that she resembled a periwinkle flower making Icarus try hard not to smile.

"If you succeed the position, the princess shall not be allowed to leave an urgent matters and retire for rest neither will you be allowed to take favors and receive gifts without reciprocating. The Empress of Ardos cannot have such liberties." Layla pouted unconsciously and looked at Icarus as if complaining.

The words for others seemed to be like he was telling her the responsibilities of an Empress when in reality he was saying- 'that day you left me standing at your balcony while you without caring for anything took the present I gave you and left to sleep while I was still standing.

You did not even gave me a return gift for my birthday present to you.'

"I understand your grace."

"The princess must understand that before our marriage gets approved I must act as your guardian till the time you learn your duties as the future Empress.

Princess Layla till then will be an honored guest in Ardos and will not receive a title or be married to me.

All ties at the time of your induction with each of your family member will be severed since it is only me that will be your guardian. I shall be your teacher and you my obedient student." This time it was not Icarus that asked the question but the Emperor of Zeyphyr that had questioned Layla.

The responsibilities were huge and it must be not served to her on a silver platter, she must become capable enough to wear the crown on her head.

"I cannot predict the future but I will do everything within my jurisdiction to make Ardos prosperous."

Icarus did not replied for sometime but rather motioned a person for something. The servant bowed and brought a golden case to him.

"Come here princess." Something weird happened in her stomach and the female stiffened before she calmly without losing her demeanor walked closer to the monarch of the enemy nation who stood up and opened the silk case.

A necklace of jutted red rubies in his manly fingers was help up and gently with feathery touches on her neck the beautiful heirloom was embellished around her neck.

"Happy birthday tiny dove."

"T-Thanking your majesty-"

"You must have kissed me if you wished to thank me so much."