Beginning of a new life, end of all pasts

Tiny chapter to end the past once for all!

After that Layla saw the past life entirely unfolding with her own eyes. Her son who was a pure soul had attained the blessings of gods with his selflessness and reincarnated as Marianna. Despite having no memories of her past life as Arvaram, Marianna was still fiercely protective of Layla and devoted to Icarus.

It was maybe a connection of blood that could never be forsaken.

After her own death unlike Illaria, Layla received a proper burial and Icarus let her to rest while he himself lived for the sake of Marianna till he died at the age of forty while in deep sleep. He still loved her but it was not a desperate beastly obsession but more of a wish that she would be happy in heaven and they would reunite soon.

Living with her memories wasn't so burdensome anymore for him for he asked about each and every wish of Layla and fulfilled it by doing it himself so that when she would watch him from heaven she would not be sad anymore until he died and followed her there.

The death of the monarch ushered a new era of the Empress. Marianna was crowned the new monarch and ruled alongside Helios for next fifty years but at her last moments the wish of her previous life as Arvaram repeated once more.

"Let them be together."

As persistent as his father.

Selfless sacrifice of Layla, Icarus and Arvaram was not in vain and thus Layla was not given a new body but her birth again as Layla was repeated with the time turning its wheels back for them. The gods could not see the ill fated family and had blessed them immensely this time.

"Layla, do you have any regrets?" the scenes unfolding of children playing in the imperial palace and laughter echoing of Marianna and Helios ended and Ilaria as beautiful as ever appeared infront of Layla in utter darkness.

The female thought for a long time before she lifted her face and smiled.

"Not one" Ilaria patted her back and seemed to look joyous.

"Layla I am going to take away all your memories of past from you, after you wake up Icarus would also be only Icarus and shall not remember his life as Zyram and his conquest of your soul since so long. All you would have is this life and this shall be your last...this shall be our last.

Do you accept?" Recalling the memeories made her so filled with mirth that Layla was contented. She knew the dynamics between Icarus and her might alter and he would not love her like he do now but she was willing to let go of all the trauma.

"Please make me forget all bad things, I am willing to love Icarus even if we both have to start our relationship from the beginning. Make us forget our past."

The words were said and after so many lives Ilaria who was bound by the chains of destiny disappeared like sand leaving all but herself as only Layla,

"Wakeup and win his heart again. All these years he had sacrificed everything for you, now this time it must be you who must win him over." The topic was serious but Ilaria while leaving said it in such a humor that Layla smiled.

"Okay"