Pretty rabbit

PAST

Empire of Seclair

A male followed the queen like a lost puppy in rain making the maids whisper something to each other and laugh merrily. It had already been a month since the rebel was released from prison after his punishment and after that he had refused to leave the side of the female, often following her trail and showing his pitiful face knowing that the fairy was innocently naïve and thus could not see his schemes .

"Master please take me in as your slave." If someone saw the scene that was transpiring they might have completely misunderstood the scenario or might have understood what Ilaria could not even fathom. The male with glazed ink hair kneeled at the place she was seated and held one of her delicate foot onto his palm kissing it gently to which the female recoiled covering the pale skin of her long legs that was naked as Zyram had dared to raise her skirt and press butterfly kisses upto her calf.

"P-Please stop!"

Ilaria did not liked the treatment that the nobles offered the poor peasants thus for Zyram to express respect in such a way was not something any human should be induced to, moreover his marvelous beauty that glimmered like the burning sun was something that was lethal to even blind males so she was only a female at her prime.

She thought that to survive Zyram was even ready to serve her in bed but that was not what she was looking for. She had not even spend her wedding night for her husband who although fondled and played with her body often and was quite inappropriate and cruel that he didn't even care if the room had any male servants while he undressed his queen.

On one end was her husband who was abusive to her while on the other was this man who often tried touching her so sweetly that she often carved in but she did not desired his submission that was purely for survival for she was living that hellish life already.

"I have told you so many times, I can arrange for you to work in any ministry but not here...if the king saw-"

"I am not asking the queen to pant and wither underneath me as I take your virginity, its only serving you like other maids." Zyram was so impudent that Ilaria often thought to throw him out of the palace. He was so dirty and shameless with his words that she could not help but gasp and avoid him but at the same time she was weak to his advances.

That was why in this entire realm the only being she hated was herself, she had always been so fragile and foolish. She could govern the nation with resolute loyalty and devotion but not with an iron fist, she was pathetic.

"From today onwards do not show me your face, you have crossed all limits Zyram and I have had enough. Get out!"

"I will die outside your majesty...you are the only friend that I have, please do not throw me away." Just like that when he bowed at her feet, his head at the floor Ilaria steeled her heart and did not answered this time.

"No...not anymore. King Harwon's spies are all around and if he came to know about you.." The female shuddered with fear before sitting down at Zyram's level and with both hands raising his head up to look at her.

"Do not indulge in this life inside the palace..it looks full of extravagancy yet is even bitter than hell..I cannot even save myself so how would I save you. Run away Zyram for one day or another the King will know that you are that person that rebelled.

Run away..." After that when she stood up with her eyes glazed with tears thinking of the only person that was with her for so many days, whom she fed with her own hands and who instead of always pleasing her said bitter things accompanied by sweet gestures.

She did not want him to die and hoped that his life would be better than the one she lived.

"Guards escort this person out of the city gates." Ilaria wanted to see Zyram's smiling face one last time as it was the last time he was close to her yet when he only looked at the floor refusing to meet her eyes the female felt anguished and could not help but turn around trying to harden her heart.

Lilac irises were misted yet vermilion irises were curved like moons expressing some ruthlessness as the male looked at the frail visage before getting up and following the men who came to take him.

So this is how it is going to be.

The queen's palace after that day was as silent as if a storm had passed, Ilaria laughed and did all other chores like she did always yet there was an emptiness even in her laughter that did not sounded like happiness at all.

Her daily routine to teach the male how to read and write was disrupted and also the habit of stealing from the imperial kitchen like a little theif for the man that clinged to her was discarded. She gain embraced the graceful, elegant and noble façade that she wore since she was a child.

It was only when thirteen days have passed did her maid came running yet did not told anyone but her in secrecy.

"Your majesty the slave that you had is gravely injured and is on his deathbed!"