Disease

"Your Highness, the empress is suffering from elipsamy." Helios had earlier smiled at Layla and reassured her that she was only bleeding from her nose and mouth because of eating wild mushrooms that she was allergic to yet the truth was completely different.

"...M-My mother...my mother had it, is sister going to be fine?..." Marianna could barely speak while Icarus was so afraid that his entire face was ashen. Who would have thought that his precious flower like Layla would have such a monstrous disease that first weakened the bones and deteriorated the body to such an extent that the person looked like a corpse.

It was horrible.

"Its a good thing." Duke Everdale was passing through the hallways earlier and had heard the commotion of the male screaming for his commander thus he stopped and eavesdropped, to think that his daughter had the same disease that killed his wife was heartbreaking but when Helios said it was a good thing, Damien was enraged.

"What does your word fucking mean?" Icarus barely held himself from punching his general when he heard the words.

"It is a blessing from the gods that she bled on such a stage where the problem is still in its first stage of development and we were informed, if I start treating her Majesty from today she will be able to recover in three months but till then..."

"Till then what?" Another voice echoed in the background and Damien came out from hiding, looking straight at Helios.

"Till then the Emperor and empress must not have intercourse and also the empress should not be pregnant." Damien wanted to feel relief but the aghast pallor on Icarus's face made his heart beat widely.

"And what if Layla becomes pregnant?" It took them an entire month to travel from Ardos to Avesta. Each day since he took her virginity, Layla was in his arms, he made love to her and surely he wasn't hesitant to spill his seed inside her belly.

They were planning a child together, and the possibility of Layla showing early signs of pregnancy in some days wasn't far-fetched.

"I will prepare a tonic, your majesty, please regularly feed it to the empress and rest....rest I will take care of it." The male said it so but his fingers were trembling.

Helios bowed and Marianna followed him while Icarus did not pay much attention to Damien and proceeded towards Layla's chambers only to be stopped by the man.

"If your majesty returns her back to me, I will give you whatever you wish for." Icarus looked back and smiled.

"Layla is not an object that I can trade Duke Everdale. My wife will always stay by my side."

__________________________________________________________________________________

"Why do they wish to kill the dragon?" Sprawled on the bed like a cat, Layla laid her head on Icarus's lap and listened to the storybook.

"Because the dragon was evil." Layla was aggravated thus she sprang up with a finger pointed at Icarus.

"How do you know he was evil, a poor creature that was only laying in his own home was hunted down by greedy humans and you say 'he' is evil."

"Honeybee the book says so-"

"This book is thrash!" the stack of papers was thrown away and Layla was picked up and seated on Icarus's lap with her back against his chest, it was just that her face was a little red with anger.

She looked like a little tomato.

"How about another story of the dragon? One that you may like." a big palm rubbed her head and Layla could not help but blush. Was he petting her now?

"When the world was created by the supreme god, the first creature to be made along with it was the daughter of the supreme god, the goddess of light and purity Aria who made the land fertile and suitable for all to coexist.

Soon many minor gods and goddesses emerged and were given their parts to perform, along with all that emerged the ink darkness in the form of a dragon with dark red irises that controlled the violent forces.

But the supreme god was impartial to both, for he had made them to coexist. the darkness was never evil but a side of light that god loved equally. Ten thousand years passed and regimes changed rapidly on earth. Everything was well but-"

"But?" Layla turned her head looking at Icarus with keen curiosity as her eyes shone.

"But the dragon committed a mistake, he fell in love with the goddess of light-Aria not knowing that since both their souls were so opposite they had already imprinted each other as soulmates. It developed slowly but Aria had deep feelings for the dragon who would morph his body to that of a god and met Aria secretly.

They consumated their love and married secretly.

It was all well until one day they were seen by a minor god and were blamed for having sullied their godly aura with one another for goddess Aria was with a child. The supreme god was not at all angey but watching the rebellion of minor gods he banished them off to the mortal realm."

"Then? Why did you stop speaking? I want to hear more." Icarus remembered the story being told to him by his childhood nanny and wanted to say more but he did not remember any further. Furthermore it was just a tale, he could makeup a new one anyday.

"I forgot the full story-" The female pouted before clutching her husband.

"If you kiss me I will forgive you." Icarus laughed and pulled her face towards him before leaving a deep kiss to those beautiful lips. He wanted Layla to get well soon.

He knew Helios will cure Layla. She will be okay, they will have a child and they will be happy together.

Then why couldn't he shake this horrific fear?