ILARIA

1000 years ago from present

A century before the founding of Avesta

Empire of Seclair

Regime of King Harwon

"Your majesty this is the slave that dared to attack the guard of your imperial palace." Rugged clothes that were even unworthy to wipe the golden shoes of the exquisite beauty that was seated, adorned the body of the slave who could not even see shoes of the female for she was the mother of all nations- the queen that was seated on the throne constructed fifteen steps above his head.

Empire of Seclair did not condemned the keeping of slaves or bonded labors despite the practice being heavily criticized by several nobles. The King only seemed to make efforts that seemed good yet in reality were useless.

A rebel had thus entered the palace and to send a message had killed the imperial guard but maybe it was the blessings of gods that the eccentric King was out on an expedition and the Queen was residing over the daily court affairs.

"Raise your head." When the euphonious voice commanded it seemed that even a death sentence awarded would seem like a melody.

The slave raised his head and with crazed rageful irises dipped in dark scarlet colour dared to glare at the deep violets of the female.

"What is your name?" There was no response to her question and the courtiers felt angered to death. The queen was only nineteen and such a young female had not yet learned to harden her heart but if it was the mad king who was at her place he might have already tortured this impudent person.

If that monster could throw such a kind female out on their wedding night in the snow leading her to almost die then if he gave the rebel a death, it would be the most merciful.

"I want to know your name." Like a person who could soothe wounds the queen gently asked, feeling pity when she saw the slave was covered in scars and his head was bleeding heavily. She wanted to get the proceedings done quickly so she could dispatch him to the physician to get treated.

When the man still refused to speak the queen ordered the guards to take him away with a punishment to be imprisoned for a month.

The King could turn his face away from his subjects but she could not for she was sacrificed by her household, the prime minister's manor to fulfil the last wish of the previous king- stop the disintegration of the nation in the hands of his mad son.

"I understand your concern, the rebellions are getting stronger everyday but crushing them is not the solution for they are our people who have not been able to even eat a full meal for the famine this year is such a catastrophe that the livestock died and the water sources dried up...I will release the funds of the queen's palace to the subjects for this year."

Not many were aware outside the nobility that the queen lacked funds severely for the king did not appreciated her and often spent times with his concubines spending lavishly while her own palace lacked even the servants.

"Thanking your imperial highness!"

"Long live your majesty!"

Words and praises that meant little to the female were uttered as she was followed by her attendants out of the imperial court.

The maids following the queen felt sorrow for their master as she was bullied to the end in the palace by the many concubines and the king.

"Take me to that slave who was presented at the palace today." Under her orders, imperial guards that were loyal to her guided the female to the deep imperial prison where not even food for one time was offered and those who were innocent were also starved along with the guilty.

Iron bars were unlocked as the golden cloak dragged on the floor dirtying its corners when she entered inside the cell before dismissing her maids.

"But your majesty-"

"His hands are bound...what can he do?" The guards withdrew unwillingly and the male watched the queen with dangerous emotions swirling in those irises.

"I cannot liberate you for I have not the authority to do so but...." She took out a snow fabric that was dipped in medicine and wiped the blood of the man's forhead before offering a small box to him.

"I can offer food." She opened one of his hands and then the box that had hot steaming rice and meat that she had taken from imperial kitchen on the way. When the male refused to eat she picked up the spoon and ate some of it.

"Its not poisoned." Only then the vermilion irises closely observed the face that resembled blooming moonflower and lips that were like petals, those deep lilac irises could resemble the infinite sky.

The rugged hand reached out and clasped the spoon from her fragile fingers and ate the rice slowly.

The female nodded before getting up and turning around to leave.

"Zyram."

"Y-Yes?"

"My identity- Zyram."

"Zyram...I am Ilaria, Queen of Seclair"

A/N: From 11-16 July I am on a vacation so I would not be updating or be online. Have a good day!!