A dream

Darkest of onyx covered the skies of the Ardos making it seem like a canvas sprinkled with glimmering flowers yet the emperor did not had time to enjoy such pure events for he was buried in his tedious work.

"What is this rubbish?" The male while sorting his personal belongings found many ancient manuscripts containing historical books of kings and queens of past but they were so boring that his head ached thus he tossed them aside, these might as well serve as charcoal for upcoming winters.

The documents piled up like a tiny hill when there was a knock on the door and Icarus was going to stay silent while not giving his permission to enter before the door was gently pushed with a pink head peaking inside.

"Can I please come inside."

"Layla? Oh yes, what is it?" He just gave her a glance and then resumed scribbling with his head down, it was only when the angel opened her mouth did he really looked up.

"The head maid told me that the NorthStar is meant to shine the brightest today and I really wanted to see it, its not like I haven't seen it before but its like the cake you eat regularly but just one day you really crave it...like really really crave it so yes I kept awake late to see it but then there are so many stars today so I could not find it and ended up falling asleep on the roof b-but then I had a nightmare and it was so scary...I am scared."

Layla twiddled with her fingers as her voice got low at the end and she looked down while not knowing why she ran to Icarus. They were married out of the obligation for Avesta's king, it wasn't like he really liked her...but she, well she did liked him.

Icarus looked at the tiny princess who rambled on about god knows what but her voice was so soothing that Icarus felt like if the female would keep speaking then he would be asleep in no time it was as if she was singling a lullaby, plus she looked so adorable in her silk night dress with just one socks on her while she might have forgot to wear another.

"Do you want to sleep here?" The male was by her side in no time and the carmine irises lit up gazing at him in hopeful expectation

"Uh, I can?" Calloused palm rubbed her soft head gently before he smiled.

"You don't want to?"

"N-No I want to sleep with you!" When the male's brow raised it sent of alarming signs to the little angel as if she had finally realized what she had said.

"OH! n-not sleep like that..well I want- ah-" Layla blushed like a tomato and looked anywhere but at Icarus.

"Okay"

"Yes?"

"Lets sleep together from now on."

"B-But" The male cupped the small face gently and unknowing the female nuzzled his palm making Icarus's eyes widen before his jaw clenched.

"I promise if you don't entice me like this I will protect you from all your nightmares and you will only have beautiful dreams." Layla tilted her head unable to understand his meaning.

"Entice? What happens when I do that?"

"Then there would be no dreams little dove for you won't be sleeping." Layla nodded without deciphering his meaning at all. Climbing into the emperor's bed and asking him to come over to help her she soon settled to have a good sleep.

Moments passed.

Not sleeping the whole night

Suddenly the mind which was slower than a snail was ignited when the deep rice voice of the male whispered in her ear as his tongue licked her earlobe while hands pulled her close to his chest.

"So naïve." After that Layla could not look at Icarus and resembled a tomato making him laugh.

Thankyou for patiently bearing with me, although I could not find the time to update a full chapter but I promise to start updating on every alternate days soon after mid oct.

Love you all! Be healthy and safe xoxo