Chapter 15

Peaks 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I let out an exited breath as me and Kinkajou stepped out of the crowded tunnel and into the light that filled the entrance cave.

 I smiled at Moon as she gestured that she would be going to the art cave.

"So now what?" I ask Kinkajou, "Well I don't know about you but it's sun time so I'm going to take a nap, wanna come?" She responded with the same cheery tone. "No thanks, I'm gonna go and walk around a bit, maybe go to the prey centre". I let out a small giggle as she does a spin. "Bye Peak" she calls as she flys out, looking for a good, sunny spot.

 I turn to walk towards the sleeping caves after a moment of watching her disappear. I was going to put on my mothers favourite crown before I give a scroll to the messengers for her. Mother always told me it showed power and responsibility to wear an expensive crown while doing a simple task. As I reached the small jagged outcroppings surrounding the cave I saw a flash of pale yellow out of my peripheral vision and stopped to glance back. 

Qibli waved to me as he came forwards grinning widely. "Hey Peak!" He exclaims and I let a small smile slip onto my face though I was extremely confused as he continued rambling. "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go flying with me later" he asked me, a hint of nervousness washing over his expression. "Yeah, sure" I respond quietly, my facing turning slightly redder as I inwardly hit myself. "Great, I'll see you later after dinner then?" I nodded lightly as he pranced away with a rather proud smile. 

I had no idea what came over me to say yes. We were barley even friends. Well, now that we're in the same winglet I would probably classify us a friends. 

I slipped into the cave, grabbing an empty scroll and some ink before going towards my ledge. Beginning to write I decided to tell her all about what I had done so far and about who's in my winglet. I told her how I hated the Icewings here and I was certainly not looking forward to that in my role as queen in the future. The small message soon turned into large paragraph as I finally finished, signing it off how I had been taught,     

    ɨ ɦօքɛ ȶօ ֆɛɛ ʏօʊ ֆօօռ ʍօȶɦɛʀ, 

                                ֆɨɢռɛɖ քʀɨռƈɛֆֆ քɛǟӄ օʄ ȶɦɛ ֆӄʏաʝռɢֆ 

Gathering it neatly into my talons I grab my alexandrite earrings from the large crook in the wall I had used to store my jewellery. Quickly putting them in and grabbing the large tiara from the wall as well I carefully place it on my head before straightening my posture and mentally lifting my head up, chin slightly out and up, back slightly curved upwards, shoulders up, embedments straight, tiara straight, and earrings straight. 

Once I was pleased with my reflection that I had checked in a small pool of water I stepped out, walking at a slightly faster than normal pace to quickly get my message out to my mother.

I gave the scroll to my personal messenger and instructed him to stay a day or so at the palace to rest as he had not gotten any sleep due to the queens orders to watch me. 

Rolling my eyes as he leaves I head back to my cave, slightly slower now, and taking all of my jewellery off including my forearm embedments, I knew that if I woke up late in the morning it would be a nightmare to put them all back on but my arms hurt so that was that. 

Deciding to take a nap I drifted slowly off to sleep. 

Hey guys, I finally updated, I'm sorry about being so slow but I will try and update maybe 2 or so times a month. Also please check out my new applyfic that I'm making, it's called 'Murder Mystery 🍷' and it's about 7 teens going to a party and the hostess getting murdered. Read the description for more info! The question for today is 'What is your personal pet peeve?' Again I'll reply on the first comment that answers. Have a good day!

- Issie

{Word Count: 717 Words}