Chapter 22 -Inappropriate-

Check mistakes (1) - ✅

------

Alberu slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a message that appeared in front of him.

[Main Scenario #3 - Emergency Defense has been end.]

[You get 1,000 coins as compensation.]

[Main Scenario #4 is about to begin!]

'Hmm? How long have I slept?'

Alberu slowly changed his sitting position leaning against the wall. He stretched his slightly stiff body. Maybe because it was his first time sleeping on the floor, his body ached a little.

Alberu then turned to his left and made eye contact with Barrow, who was staring with his usual tired gaze. He tilted his head slightly with a smile and said, "Good morning?"

"..." Barrow just kept silent and didn't answer, before finally turning his gaze straight ahead. He completely ignored Alberu.

Alberu did not mind Barrow's attitude. His eyes started to sweep around, looking for Kim Dokja and party. But what could be seen there were only a few party members. Kim Dokja, Lee Gilyoung, and Jung Heewon were nowhere to be seen. Even the child who was with the regressor was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is Kim Dokja?" Alberu asked Barrow. His eyes were still busy looking around.

"He left while you were sleeping."

"Where to?"

"Don't know."

Alberu stared fixedly at Barrow with a straight face.

Barrow turned his head after feeling Alberu continuously staring at him. "What?"

"You are stupid."

Barrow slightly frowned at Alberu's speech.

"I will tell Cale that you are not helping at all," Alberu threatened with an index finger pointed at Barrow.

Barrow glared at Alberu. "Are you making a fuss?"

"I ask for cooperation."

"Not interested."

Alberu clucked in annoyance. He then rose from his place. "Whatever. I'm lazy to deal with you," he said, then walked away leaving Barrow alone.

Barrow paid no heed to Alberu's words. His hand started to take out something from his spatial pocket. He picked up a black cell phone that Cale had given him. He blamed the phone, entered the messaging app, and opened the conversation he had with Cale.

<Cale: I'm going to sleep.>

That was the last message Cale sent him. After that Barrow sent many messages, but all of them have not been replied and not even read one.

'Is the phone broken?'

Barrow scrolls up the screen. The hundreds of messages by Cale and himself scrolled through quickly. He wanted to go back to reading the old message his brother had sent him. Since the beginning of buying a cellphone until now, he has never deleted those messages.

<Cale: Barrow, tomorrow I will come to see you.>

<Barrow: Call me hyung.>

<Cale: I'll come see you tomorrow, hyung.>

<Barrow: I'll be waiting for you!>

<Cale: Do you want something for me to bring tomorrow?>

<Barrow: Bring the apple pie. I like that food.>

<Cale: Ok.>

Barrow carved a small smile as he read the message. Even though the contents of the message were ordinary, but his heart felt very happy.