Chapter 54 -Between Horrifying and Funny-

[White Star...]

[Did you hear me?]

The voice woke Barrow from his sleep. His forehead was deeply furrowed. Lately, he always heard that annoying voice.

[White Star...]

His eyes were closed tightly. He covered his ears tightly to prevent the voice from entering his ears, but it didn't work because the voice was speaking in his mind. The voice really made him feel uncomfortable. Because it was the voice of the entity he desperately wanted to forget.

[White Star...]

"I am... Barrow Henituse..!" Barrow muttered as best he could, trying to push the voice away.

[....]

His efforts paid off. That annoying voice could no longer be heard.

Barrow opened his eyes and immediately looked to the side, to the place where his beloved dongsaeng was sleeping. Seeing his dongsaeng would definitely calm him down. But Cale wasn't there. Immediately, he panicked and got up from his sleeping position.

Trak. Tang.

He could faintly hear a small ringing from outside the room. Followed by the sound of someone talking. He really recognized the voice of the person who spoke. His feelings were a mixture of happiness and annoyance. Happy because the dongsaeng is still here, annoyed because Alberu apparently found him and Cale here.

He stood up and started walking towards Cale and Alberu. He couldn't let them spend time alone together.

"Is it possible that you don't want to return to our world?"

His steps stopped when he heard the question come out of Alberu's mouth.

"What do you mean, hyung? Of course I want to go back," Cale replied in a nonchalant tone as he continued his activity of putting the cake into the spatial pocket.

Alberu stared closely at Cale's face while still wearing a serious look, paying attention to his facial muscles to make sure Cale was speaking the truth or not. And he believed that Cale's words were honest.

His expression returned to normal. He leaned back against the chair. He knew that the question he asked Cale was ridiculous. How could Cale not want to come back? But anyone would definitely ask that after seeing the complicated expression on Cale's face when he found Cintamani.

"But why when you found the Cintamani, your expression look complicated?"

Cale raised an eyebrow. "How complicated?"

"Well... you don't look happy, in fact you seem to have a lot of thoughts in your head." An annoying thought suddenly crossed Alberu's mind. "Could it be that you are thinking about Barrow?"

Cale's eyebrows twitched.

Alberu didn't miss that brief reaction, he immediately pouted. Meanwhile, Barrow smiled very brightly.

"Have you thought about how Barrow will live when we return?"

"...Well.. that's it..."

Alberu squinted at Cale's doubtful response. Cale didn't even look him in the eye. "You... Don't tell me-"

"Dongsaeng...!!" Barrow ran towards Cale and immediately hugged his body. As usual he rubbed his face against Cale's hair like a cat. "Is that true dongsaeng? Are you thinking about me?"

"...Yes, hyung."

"I always think about you too! Every minute, every second, even every breath I take! I think about you more than Alberu!"