Chapter 24:The Pyramid Reveal

Abby Lee Miller stood back and admired the completed pyramid, all the faces of her dancers arranged according to their performances from the previous competition. Satisfied with her choices, she called out, "Alright, kids! It's time to see the pyramid!"

Excited chatter filled the studio as the young dancers filed in, their moms trailing behind them. Abby cleared her throat and began explaining each dancer's position on the pyramid.

As she reached the top, all eyes were on Ethan. Abby fervently declared, "And at the very top is Ethan!" A few gasps and murmurs escaped from the students and moms alike, clearly surprised by this choice.

However, Abby continued with pride, "Ethan secured first place in the junior division last week, and he truly deserves this spot! Remember anyone thinking of questioning my decision - I won't hesitate to defend Ethan and show you the door."

The moms exchanged tense glances but kept quiet, well aware of Abby's unwavering loyalty to Ethan through thick and thin.

Moving on to less controversial matters, Abby announced that Kelly's daughters Brooke and Paige would remain on probation for dance. She then excitedly shared that Maddie and Chloe would perform a duet together while Maddie, Mackenzie, and Nia landed solos.

"And," drumming up further anticipation, Abby declared that Ethan would not only have a duet of his own but also be given the power to choose his partner. Moreover, Ethan would choreograph Mackenzie's dance. The team erupted with giddy energy upon hearing this news.

With beaming faces all around him, Ethan scooped up little Mackenzie into a tight hug while the rest of the team clapped and cheered. With a newfound sense of excitement brimming throughout the dance studio, it was evident that this upcoming competition season held great possibilities for all involved.

Mackenzies dance practice

Ethan started teaching Mackenzie the choreography for their new dance. He watched her intently as she moved, giving feedback and adjustments as needed. He could see the determination in her eyes, and he knew that she was going to give it her all.

Suddenly, he realized that this was the perfect opportunity to ask her about the duet.

"Hey, Mackenzie," he said, stepping in front of her. "I've been thinking about the duet we're going to do in the showcase. Who do you think I should perform with?"

Mackenzie's eyes widened, and she thought for a moment. "I think you should do a duet with Brooke," she said. "You two haven't done a duet in a while, and I think it would be a lot of fun."

Ethan smiled, and Mackenzie could see that he was genuinely considering her answer.

"I think you're right," he said. "Brooke and I haven't done a duet in a while, and it would be a lot of fun. Plus, I think she's a great dancer."

Mackenzie beamed with happiness. She could see that Ethan was really considering her answer, and she was glad that she could help him make his decision.

"Thanks, Mackenzie," Ethan said

1 hour later

Ethan stood in the center of the dance studio, feeling the weight of his decision as he prepared to announce his choice for the duet partner. The entire team, awaited his decision with anticipation. The tension in the air was palpable.

Taking a deep breath, Ethan faced Abby and confidently said, "Abby, I've made my decision. I choose Brooke to do the duet with me."

Brooke's eyes widened in surprise and excitement. The other members of the team exchanged glances, whispering among themselves. Abby nodded at Ethan, registering her approval.

As Brooke jumped up and down in joy, Ethan couldn't help but notice Maddie standing in the corner, her arms crossed and a scowl etched on her face. He knew she was upset because she wasn't chosen for the duet. Despite feeling bad for Maddie and understanding her disappointment, he couldn't let that keep him from making the best choice for himself.

Abby gathered everyone's attention once more and began to explain their new routine's concept. "Alright, everyone! This duet will be a very sexy dance. Think passion! Think sensuality! I want this routine to be captivating."

Ethan felt a wave of discomfort wash over him upon hearing Abby's description of what she had planned. He had potentially signed himself and Brooke up for something more risque than what they had anticipated. However, he kept quiet; this was his decision, and he had to own it.

Practice time

As they began to practice their dance moves under Abby's guidance, Ethan could still feel Maddie's eyes heavy on them from across the room. Even though he felt self-conscious about the dance's theme – knowing his every move was being scrutinized – he vowed not to let Maddie or Abby down. This duet was not only critical for his own growth but for Brooke's as well.

Together, Ethan and Brooke were determined to make their duet unforgettable. As they practiced, they let go of their self-consciousness and focused on creating the perfect routine – one that would really make an impression on their fans and stay with them forever.

853 Words