Chapter 28: The Determination

Abby Lee and her team arrived at the competition buzzing with energy. Each member was focused and determined, knowing that they needed to put their best foot forward in order to succeed. As they entered the venue, the atmosphere was electric. The sound of music echoed through the halls and colorful costumes flashed by in a whirlwind.

While everyone began getting ready, Ethan noticed Chloe staring pensively at her costume. He decided to pull her aside for a quick chat.

"Hey Chloe, are you alright?" Ethan asked gently, his eyes filled with concern.

Chloe looked down at her stunning midnight purple costume that shimmered under the room's lighting. It was an elegant piece, but the short length of it gave her a moment's hesitation.

"Yeah, I'm just really nervous about wearing this costume," Chloe admitted. "It's so... short."

Ethan smiled reassuringly. "I think it looks incredible on you," he said earnestly. "But more importantly, I know you have the confidence to pull it off."

As she looked into Ethan's eyes, Chloe felt a surge of determination course through her veins. This competition wasn't just about her anymore; it was about her team - and especially Ethan.

With newfound conviction, Chloe slipped into her costume and took a deep breath in front of the mirror. She told herself that she was strong enough to conquer her fears and win this competition not only for herself but for everyone else as well.

Soon, Brooke, Maddie, and Chloe were running their routines in their dedicated practice space. The intricate movements of their dances were executed flawlessly as they twirled and leaped through the air with grace and precision.

Brooke's Dance

Chloe's Dance 

As the stage lights dimmed, Chloe took a deep breath before stepping into the spotlight. The music began to play, and she danced gracefully across the stage. Her movements were fluid and elegant, captivating the audience. But suddenly, doubt crept into her mind, causing her to falter in her steps.

Chloe felt her confidence slipping away when she glanced into the audience. Amidst the sea of faces, she saw Ethan, his eyes locked on her with awe and admiration. The sight of him filled her with renewed strength and determination, allowing her to finish her performance flawlessly.

As soon as she stepped off stage, Chloe saw her mom and Ethan walking towards her. Overwhelmed by emotion, she ran up and hugged them tightly. Her support system was here to cheer her on.

Maddie's Dance 

Maddie was next to perform, but as she scanned the audience for Ethan's encouraging face, she found he was nowhere to be seen. Disappointment swelled in her chest as she began her dance routine.

Everyone later gathered in the dressing room where Maddie, Brooke, and Chloe were dancing together. Ethan spotted Maddie donning another costume and glanced at her curiously.

"Wait – another performance?" Ethan asked with confusion in his voice. "I thought you knew," Maddie replied nervously. "Gianna told me you recommended it."

Ethan's face flushed with anger at realizing Gianna's deceitful act; he believed that Maddie was trying to outshine Chloe and ruin her chance at winning by performing again. Maddie nervously approached Ethan, trying to explain why she was wearing a different costume than before. But before she could even utter a single word, Ethan simply walked away from her, his disappointment evident. He decided there was nothing more he could do, so he joined the audience to wait for the awards ceremony.

As the time for announcing the winners drew near, Ethan became increasingly anxious. His heart raced, and he uncomfortably shifted in his seat. Finally, it was time for the awards presentation.

In the teen division, they announced that Brooke had won third place. Ethan clapped politely but didn't pay much attention – it was the junior age division that truly mattered to him. The anticipation tightened his chest.

Finally, it was time for the winners in the junior age division to be announced. Ethan gripped his pants tightly around his thighs, barely able to contain his nervous energy. Heart hammering at a rapid pace, he listened as Chloe's name was called out for second place and Maddie's name followed as the first-place winner.

Overwhelmed by emotion, tears streamed down Ethan's face as he silently cried. Only 11 years old, Ethan wasn't yet able to control his emotions fully. He stayed seated until the awards ceremony concluded and then rushed out of the audience to find Chloe.

As soon as he spotted her, Ethan wrapped her in an intense hug. Sobs remained silent but choked up inside his chest as they held each other tight. Nearby, both Brooke and Maddie stared in shock at the display of raw emotion.

Ethan wiped his tears and took Chloe by the hand when he noticed Christi preparing to leave with her daughter. Rushing over, he helped them into their car before bidding them farewell.Abby and Ethan left soon after. A thick silence hung between them for the entire night - no words were spoken after witnessing such a powerful and unexpected outpouring of emotions from Ethan.

(Awww Ethan.......

I kind of wanted Chloe to win, but for the next chapter to make more sense she had to lose which hurts me because Ethan tried so hard. I also uploaded chloes dance on my channel and will continue for dances that i mess with like i added brookes last minute)

882 Words