Chapter 36: Date!!!

On a sun-soaked Saturday morning, Abby pulled up to the entrance of the bustling water park. In the backseat, Maddie, a lively 10-year-old, and Ethan, an energetic 11-year-old, could barely contain their excitement. Their eyes were wide with anticipation as they looked at the large, colorful slides and heard the sounds of joyous laughter and splashing water.

"Alright, you two," Abby said warmly, unbuckling her seatbelt and turning around to face them. 

"Remember, stick together and be safe. I'll be back to pick you up later."

Maddie and Ethan nodded enthusiastically, already unbuckling their seatbelts and grabbing their brightly colored beach bags. As soon as Abby parked the car, the kids practically leaped out, their small feet hitting the pavement in unison. With a quick wave and a pair of beaming smiles, they scampered off towards the entrance of the water park, leaving Abby to watch them fondly before driving away.

Once inside, Maddie and Ethan quickly found an unoccupied table nestled under a large umbrella. They carefully laid out their towels and placed their bags on the table, revealing their cute bathing suits beneath their clothes. Maddie wore a pink one-piece adorned with a rainbow, while Ethan sported blue swimming trunks with a shark pattern.

With their belongings safely stowed away, the two friends turned their attention to the water park. Their eyes gleamed with excitement as they took in the sights and sounds: the towering water slides, the sparkling wave pool, and the bustling lazy river.

Without wasting another moment, Maddie and Ethan plunged headfirst into the fun. They laughed as they raced each other to the top of the largest water slide, their shouts of joy echoing around the park as they descended. They splashed about in the wave pool, relishing the cool water against their skin. And they floated lazily down the river, their buoyant tubes carrying them along as they chatted and giggled.

For the rest of the day, Maddie and Ethan savored every moment. They reveled in the freedom and joy only a day at the water park could provide, their laughter ringing out under the summer sun. They were having the time of their lives, creating memories they would cherish forever.