Chapter 18

A starry black she-cat sat calmly in a small clearing of pine trees. Her blue eyes narrowed as she stared into a large pool of water, the starry cat let out a heavy sigh as she watched the events that were unfolding right in front of her.

As Breezestar kept watching the spiraling water in front of her, she quietly spoke the words of the prophecy that she, herself, had given to Rosestar, the current leader of BreezeClan.

"While an enemy rises ready to fight, five cats will be born from the light. The first like a bird, riding the breeze, the second quiet like misty trees. The third is like ice, beautiful and bright, the fourth storms through, like a light. To find the fifth, look to the east. Then all five cats will bring the peace."

Thinking back on it now, Breezestar wondered if the five prophesied cats would even be ready to fight this unknown enemy that StarClan had scene destroying the Clans. Yeah sure, that was a vision showing what would happen in the near future if nothing was done to stop it. But still... even now, Breezestar found herself hoping and praying that these five cats would have what it takes to stop this incoming threat.

The starry black she-cat gave another heavy sigh and shook her head to banish the dark thoughts that kept tugging at the corners of her subconscious. She wasn't going to let herself fall into the pits of doubt and despair, she couldn't. Breezestar gritted her teeth and took one last deep breath.

"Cloverpaw needs to meet the others soon: this enemy could attack at any time and they need to be ready to fight." The starry black she-cat sighed and stared down at her black paws that were dappled with stars.

"Have they found the fifth cat yet?" Breezestar turned around and met the violet gaze of Miststar, her blue-gray pelt glowing in the light of the pool as she patted up to Breezestar's side.

"No, not that I can see." The starry black she-cat meowed. Miststar sighed and flicked her tail. "But we do know that the fifth cat has discovered what her powers are, all that needs to happen now is the five cats meeting one another."

"Aw, so this is where you two come to watch the cats of the living world."

The meow in the cat's voice sounded amused as she glanced briefly at the four cats shown in the pool. "Oh Ravenbrook, can't you let two she-cats gossip in peace?" came another playful meow from the shadows of StarClan's hunting grounds.

"Stormstar!" the two other leaders exclaimed, narrowing their eyes playfully at the smoky-gray she-cats playful jab at Ravenbrook.

"So... I see that the cats of breeze, mist, ice, and storm have been found. It would also seem like they've discovered their powers rather early on in their apprenticeship." Miststar nodded her head In response to Stormstar's statement.

"Hey! Mist! Storm! Look!" Breezestar's mew made the two she-cats turn their attention to where the starry black she-cat was carefully watching the pool.

"There's the fifth cat!" Icestar and Skystar meowed in unison, coming from out of the line of trees. The other three leaders glanced up at the other two as they approached.

"Oh, how fitting! Invisibility fits very well with Cloverpaw's personality traits!" Icestar's meow was calm and graceful like a flowing wave and her starry white fur gleamed like the color of shimmering ice.

"I agree with you on that one, Icestar. The other four prophecy cats also appear to have powers that fit their personality traits as well. Mind-reading, teleportation, telekinesis, and super-speed. All unique powers, each one a perfect fit for the cat that has those specific powers."

"So, Breeze," Breezestar turned away from the pool to glance over at Skystar with a questioning stare. Skystar's wide, neon yellow eyes were gleaming faintly in the light as were Breezestar's own electric blue orbs as they met each other's inquisitive stares.

"Yes, Skystar? What is it?" she meowed sweetly, "Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something you're expecting me to say?"

"You did well in choosing Rosestar to give that prophecy too. She seems to be the most mature and calm-minded one out of the four current leaders."

"Duskstar would've been a good option too, though." Icestar meowed, her blue eyes shining as she defended the current leader of StormClan.

"Well yes, that is also true." Skystar meowed, his voice raising as he tried to explain his choice of words. "She is very mature for only being leader for only two moons, but she is still quite young."

Breezestar stepped in between the two cats, not wanting a fight to break out when they needed to discuss other more important matters.

"Stop this! Both of you!" she growled, her fluffy black tail lashing behind her. "You're not three-moon-old kits! You're StarClan warriors! Now stop acting like mouse-brained kits and let's focus on what's important."

Skystar and Icestar blushed and stared down at their paws in embarrassment. They felt like fools for squabbling like newborn kits. Breezestar was right, they had more important things to worry about then fighting over who the prophecy should've been given to.

"C'mon you two, let's go inform the others of what has transpired so far." Breezestar flicked her tail and the six StarClan cats bounded back into the forest to inform the others of what was to come.

As the six cats bounded away, the light of the pool seemed to grow even brighter, almost as if a flurry of snowflakes had swarmed into the pool.

Then the light faded away as quickly as it had come, and all that was left were the trees swaying in the wind and the stars gleaming like crystals in the night sky.