𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

❉•⦇✧⦈⦇✦⦈•❉

It was 9:00 pm, the sound of shattering glass and the crash of expensive vases echoed throughout the mansion, all due to the heated confrontation between two individuals: Choi Beomgyu and his father, Kim Taehyung.

Their loud argument had the household staff on edge, debating whether or not to intervene.

A river of words flew back and forth, including phrases such as "YOU CAN'T JUST FORCE ME TO DO SOMETHING AND CALL IT ARRANGED!", "RESPECT MY FUCKING DECISION." and "RESPECT? MY ASS. YOU WERE NEVER THERE FOR ME WHAT RESPECT DO YOU EXPECT!??"

The staff were concerned about their eardrums, some secretly hoping to avoid developing tinnitus, only one staff member, Han - assistant of beomgyu was enjoying the drama, though, he was worried as the argument escalated.

Then, a sudden loud noise silenced the murmured worries - the sound of a hand striking flesh, followed by a resounding door slam.

8:30 pm - 30 minutes before the argument

Beomgyu had to cancel his motorbike race with his friends, Hyunjin, Taehyun and Jeongin. Heesung and Felix would also be there to watch. The group had collectively been looking forward to this day for weeks. Such gatherings were rare due to their busy schedules, making Beomgyu's frustration peak.

The reason for this being the urgent call to Taehyung's mansion. Oh, and did I mention how much Beomgyu despised him?

He stormed in, slamming the door open and shut before the guard could even think to open it for him.

< Beomgyu's POV >

I made my way to the living room, my footsteps echoing as I stormed in, my face probably twisted in anger, I mean, I was furious.

The route was already familiar to me, like part of my own body. I was born and raised in this mansion, after all. I knew every twist and turn, and how to sneak in and out late at night to go to clubs or whatever, only to get caught by Han. Sometimes I wonder if he even gets paid enough to deal with my shit, and how on earth he hadn't quit yet.

Anyways, I was surprised at my ability to conceal my anger, something I hadn't quite (very) mastered yet.

Usually, I'd immediately lash out at whoever was nearest to me for the tiniest thing.

Being it breathing so loud. A bitchy move, I know.

I had to admit though, I was impressed with myself. 1 to Beomgyu, 0 to my Anger Issues. Great.

I slammed open the gigantic double doors to the living room, probably leaving a dent in the walls. Oops, Dramatic much.

As I stepped inside, I caught sight of the figure lounging on the couch, looking like the very definition of evil. I was exaggerating just a tiny bit though, Not that I'd admit it aloud.

He must've just been relaxing, playing with his annoying little tablet. When he noticed my entrance, he turned his gaze towards me, just a bit too slowly, probably indicating that whatever he was doing was more important than me.

Wrong move, Father.

"You-" I began, wanting to give him a piece of my mind, but the man interrupted me.

Bitch.

"Not another word, Choi Beomgyu," Taehyung said in a stern voice. He might as well have used my full name as an insult - a reminder that my so-called father wouldn't let me use his own surname, "Kim". Yep, I hated him.

I narrowed my eyes on him. What on earth did this man want? That was rhetorical, by the way.

"I don't have time to babysit you, Han will handle the details and your questions," he said, it's not like he was there for me as a child to babysit anyway.

Yeah, ew, I was turning into those emo kids. I take whatever I just said back.

"You're no longer following your homeschooling and will be sent to attend Hybe—" he spoke but I zoned out completely.

Not gonna lie, This wasn't the news I was expecting, usually he'd yell at me for breaking speed limits or for not attending his fancy 'tea parties' with men older than his grandad.
I mean what was I supposed to do? Play chess with them?

Hybe was a private college, If not, the best college in South Korea, only filled with bratty kids and children of the rich. It was extremely hard to get into if you were a commoner. I'd fit in perfectly if not, become the king of the college.

Ew, nevermind that was clichè.

Yeah, I was getting ahead of myself, but I was literally the biggest spoiled brat known. Not that I flexed my shit, that was cringe, I just lived life to the fullest.

Taehyung spoke again. "—You will also be involved in a fake 'relationship' with Choi Yeonjun," he said, and his voice had an edge to it that made my heart skip a beat.

I froze, my mind reeling with 3 words looped in my brain.

What

The

Fuck.

"What... what did you just say?" I asked, my voice as steady as I could make it, though it did come out sounding like a frog.

I probably misheard him. Yeah, that's it.

I tried to keep my anger under control either way, but I had to admit, a small part of me was getting a little gassed. After all, it's not everyday you get to 'date' the face of South Korea.

But only then, did my anger take control as Taehyung continued his stupidly formed words.

———— ✦.✧

authors note:

hi ^_^

this is the re-written version n I like this version a lot better!! 😍

I decided to publish it now as a small Halloween gift 🥰

I'll work on rewriting the other chapters aswell but I have a few storyline idea for future books I need to work on too 🥹

as always, thank u for reading 🫶

31/10/23

F A M E

𝐅 𝐀 𝐌 𝐄 : 𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐲𝐮/𝐛𝐞𝐨𝐦𝐣𝐮𝐧 : ツ✮जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें