𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 - 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝

Beomgyu raced home, he was extremely late. It had been over an hour, but he couldn't just leave Yunjin all drunk and alone.
Nevertheless, he rode as fast as he could, until he finally reached Yeonjuns building again and rushed in.

The air in Yeonjun's penthouse felt heavy with tension as Beomgyu entered, closing the door behind him. The luxurious surroundings that had once been a source of comfort now seemed suffocating.

Yeonjun, sitting on the sleek couch, looked up with a sharp gaze as Beomgyu approached. The room was silent for a moment, the unspoken words hanging thickly in the air.

"You're late," Yeonjun's voice was sharp, cutting through the silence like a knife.

'No shit' Beomgyu thought.

He patted his thighs once and Beomgyu immediately sat down on his lap.

Beomgyu hesitated, his eyes darting around the room. "I know, and I'm sorry. Yunjin needed help, and I couldn't just leave her in that state."

He was being sincere, he'd much rather have spent the time with Yeonjun.

Yeonjun's expression remained stern as he lifted his chin with two fingers to face him. "Help? Or an excuse to avoid our situation?"

Beomgyu's frustration was evident as he spoke "This isn't about avoiding anything. She was a mess, and I had to handle it! I couldn't leave a girl drunk and alone at fucking midnight!"

Yeonjun leaned back against the couch, his posture rigid. "You had your priorities mixed up. She was obviously flirting with you! This fake relationship is starting to feel more real than I anticipated."

Beomgyu's jaw clenched and he got off his lap. "It's not fake to me. I've been trying to figure out what this is between us, but everything keeps getting more complicated."

Yeonjun scoffed, his irritation evident. "Complicated or just an excuse to run away from commitment?"

Beomgyu shook his head, his voice rising. "Commitment? You're the one with secrets and mixed signals! First, you act all possessive, and now you're angry because I helped someone in need?"

Yeonjun stood up and took a step closer, his gaze piercing. "Don't deflect this onto me. You kissed me. You agreed to this arrangement. But it seems like you want to play by your own rules."

The room seemed to close in on them as the tension escalated. Beomgyu's frustration reached its peak. "I never signed up for this bullshit! I was forced! You can't just dictate how I should feel or act!"

Yeonjun's expression darkened. "Then maybe we should end this shit, you can't handle it, why bother trying to pursue you?"

The weight of Yeonjun's words hung in the air, a stark reminder of the fragile nature of their arrangement. Beomgyu, torn between anger and confusion, met Yeonjun's gaze defiantly.

"Maybe we should," he replied, his voice laced with defiance. "I'm tired of playing this game. If you want to end it, fine. But don't act like you're blameless in all of this."

With those words, Beomgyu turned away, storming towards the door. The penthouse, once a symbol of luxury, now felt like a battleground of conflicting emotions. As he left, the door clicked shut behind him, leaving Yeonjun alone with the echoes of their heated exchange. The aftermath lingered, and the future of their complicated connection hung in the balance.

...

The next day at HYBE, the atmosphere between Beomgyu and Yeonjun was extremely tense. Their eyes met briefly in the hallway, but neither made a move to address the unresolved issues that lingered between them.

As Beomgyu sat in his economics class, attempting to focus on the lesson, Yeonjun's unexpected entrance sent a ripple of whispers through the room. He was in his athletic uniform and had been promoted to basketball captain. He stood at the doorway, his gaze locking onto Beomgyu who was in conversation with Hyunjin.

Ignoring the curious glances, Yeonjun strode purposefully towards Beomgyu's desk. The teacher paused, momentarily taken aback, but Yeonjun's determined expression signalled that he had something urgent to address.

"Beomgyu, come with me," Yeonjun's voice cut through the hushed whispers, his eyes holding a mixture of frustration and determination.

Beomgyu exchanged a puzzled glance with his friends but followed Yeonjun out of the classroom. The hallway was momentarily silent as the door closed behind them.

Without a word, Yeonjun guided Beomgyu to the changing rooms, away from prying eyes. Once inside, he closed the door behind them, the tension in the air almost suffocating.

"Yeonjun, what the hell is your problem?" Beomgyu snapped, his frustration boiling over.

Yeonjun, however, wasn't ready to engage in a verbal confrontation. Instead, he stepped closer, his gaze intense. Without warning, he captured Beomgyu's lips in a searing kiss, effectively silencing any protest.

Beomgyu's initial shock transformed into a mix of confusion and lingering desire. The kiss held a different energy than before, it was both a declaration and an apology. Yeonjun poured his emotions into the connection.

As the kiss deepened, Beomgyu's resistance faded, and he found himself responding to the sincerity in Yeonjun's actions. The weight of unspoken apologies and lingering frustrations melted away in that intimate moment.

When they finally broke the kiss, Yeonjun looked into Beomgyu's eyes, his own vulnerability laid bare. "I missed you, and I'm sorry, Beomgyu. I messed up. I should have communicated better, and I shouldn't have let things escalate like that. I misunderstood you."

Beomgyu, still processing the sudden turn of events, nodded slowly. He was still really confused but the apology, conveyed in actions rather than words gave him a sense of comfort.

"Let's figure this out together, okay?" Yeonjun's voice held a sincerity that resonated with Beomgyu, sparking a glimmer of hope in the midst of their tangled emotions.

However, when beomgyu leaned in to kiss Yeonjun once more, he stopped the younger and instead gently took the casted hand.

"When are you going to get this off?" He frowned

"Mm, I think tomorrow.." he immediately answered.

Yeonjun sighed and began to take the cast off. Revealing yet again the purple-green swollen wounds.
"Take proper care of what's mine"

he furrowed his brow but went to his locker and retrieved the healing cream.

Curious, Beomgyu asked "How come you have that?"

"When I first saw your hand I immediately went out and bought some cream for times like this, I knew how reckless you could be" he chuckled, and once he was done he carefully put the cast back on and planted a kiss on it.
Beomgyu hugged the other, as he blushed. "T-thank you, hyung"

authors note:

sorry for this messy chapter aaaa

ALSO DID YOU GUYS SEE THE BEOMJUN STAGE OMGOMGOGM AHHHHHHHHHH

thank u for reading ml 🥹

vote and comment 😍

F A M E

16/12/2023