This ranch.

Of fucken course he got in trouble. Carter could literally just be walking down the street and get in trouble. Apparently he is at some ranch. I gotta go find him. I hitched a ride with some guy and then walked the rest of the way. Getting to the ranch, I saw Carter.
   "Who are you?" A man asked me.
    "Yeah uh sorry that's my brother I lost him." I say back.
    "Hmm, Jimmy go get rip." I man says he was older looking. The man I guess to be Jimmy leaves and comes back with a tall, buff man with a beard and a black cowboy hat.
    "You are?" He asks me getting off his horse.
     "Thats my brother." I say pointing to Carter.
     "Not what I asked." He said.
     "Damn alright I ain't telling you that." I say back.
     "Why are you here?"
      "To get my fucken brother back, I lost him."
      "He came here to her." He said pointing to a woman. "Now get off my fucken ranch."
      "Your ranch, you don't look like a Dutton."
       "I'm not."
       "Are you dating a Dutton?"
        "No."
        "Then it ain't your fucken ranch." I say laughing.
        "I am foreman."
        "And I don't know what that means."
        "It means I run these cowboys."
         "Do I look like a fucken cowboy." I say back. The woman he pointed at earlier came down.
         "Who is this?" She asked.
         "She says the lost boy is her brother." The man named rip said back.
         "Come with me." She says walking.
        "But." The man says.
      "Do you need me to go get daddy rip." She says.
      "We don't need more lost dogs."
      "Your a lost dog." She snaps at him. He shakes his head and turns back around.
      "Get to work all of you." He yelled.
       "Holy shit, you just fucken walked on him" I say to the woman.
       "Yeah well being a Dutton will do that."
       "Oh shit your Beth." The duttons were always In the news papers.
       "Yes I am."
       "Why did my brother come to you?" I asked.
       "Well we meet at a hospital."
       "When my dad died." I said.
         "Listen closely kid I am gonna give you the same damn opportunity I gave your brother. You can work here get some money and make something of your life. Or you can leave and hope you don't end up dead or in prison, I will let you talk to your brother to figure out what your chosen." She walks away and leaves me with Carter.
   "Carter what the actual fuck." I say
    "Damn it sorry."
    "No, don't give me that bullshit you left."
     "Yeah because I have a chance here."
    "Your shoveling shit."
     "It's better then living on the fucken  street."
     "We weren't living on the street."
     "Ok we were living in our dad father's house in 2 months his payments are up, what were we gonna do then."
      "I was gonna get a job."
       "Well here's your job, right here."
       "I don't want to work on a ranch."
        "THATS ALL WE HAVE, ARE ONLY CHOICE, YOU DIDN'T FINSH SCHOOL WHO DO YOU THINK IS GONNA LET YOU WORK FOR THEM YOU DIDN'T FINISH HIGHSCHOOL." He yells at me. "Please just try it."
     "Fucken fine, only because dad made me promise to protect you." Beth comes back.
    "You made your choice?"
     "Yes ma'ma, I would be do grateful to work here." I may have been a bad kid but I knew who to act in certain moments.
      "Come with me." She says I follow after her and we go to the big main house. 
    "Daddy." She said to the man I recognized it was John Dutton.
    "Who is this beth?" He asked
    "Its that boys older sister, I think that she could be used more instead of a stall cleaner." She says.
     "Do you know how to ride or rope?" He asked me.
     "Uhh no sir."
     "Go find yourself a bunk in the bunkhouse, do you have bags."
     "Uh no sir this is all I have."
     "Go talk to Lloyd he will teach you every you need to know."
      "Beth I hope this girl can be a little Better then her brother." He says "We will do what we did with Jimmy, I will talk to rip about it."
      "Sir thank you, thank you." I say.
      "Work hard kid." He says "this is a favor for my daughter." I shake my head and Beth takes me out to the bunkhouse.
   "This is grace she is like a Jimmy and we are gonna make her a hand." Beth says to all the men playing poker. "Lloyd show her around teach her. " Beth says walking out.
   "You know how to ride or rope?"
    "Um no."
     "Here's your bunk, get some rest." I lay down and think about the choice I just made.