Past

The boys and I were going to the bar. I wasn't really supposed to be there but no one questioned the cowboys. We were all kinda doing our own thing. I was sitting in the corner cause I really didn't people in bars. Some guy tried to come up next to me.
   "Wow you are really drunk." I say to him. He licked my face. I punched him.
  "What the fuck dude." I yelled. Rip ran over to me.
   "What happened?" He asked.
   "This drunk ass just fucken licked me." He stood back up swinging.
    "Shit." Now we were all fighting people. A very large bar fight.
   "Behind you." Rip say and I duck he swings over top of me. Someone broke a beer bottle over my head. There was a guy trying to grab rip so I grabbed his feet and pulled him down.
  "Holy shit we need to go." Lloyd says. We all ran to the trucks and drove off. Getting back to the ranch.
   "Grace come with me." Rip says storming off to his place.
    "I am in trouble." I say and the boys laughed. I follow after rip and my head was bleeding. He left the door to his house open and I saw him digging through a bunch of stuff.
   "Sit." He says. I sit on the couch and he walks over with a med kit.
   "am I in trouble?" I asked.
   "No you were defending yourself, I just need to take care of that wound."
   "You might as well be my nurse I just can't catch a break." I say trying to lighten his mood. He shakes his head.
   "You need to stay out of trouble." Rip says.
    "Trouble is all I know." I say back.
     "What's Carter gonna do if you die?"
    "He has this place." I say. Rip stands up infront of me his belt buckle was in my face. I look up at him.
   "Come on keep your head down how am I supposed to look at it?" He say.
    "Sorry." I start to blush rip is standing over top of me, belt buckle in my face. Rip is chewing on a toothpick.
  " Ouch shit that hurts." I say pulling away from him.
    "Did I hurt you?"
     "No, It just hurts in general."
    "Bullshit."
     "Ok yes it hurts when you dig your fingers into my skin, not to mention you got big ass hands."
     "Oh sorry let me go fix that." Rip say being Sarcastic. Rip starts to stitch my head up.
    "If I have to put any more stitches in you might as well call you Frankenstein."
     "Holy shit you have a sense of humor."
     "What is that surprising?"
       "Yes 1000% yes." Rip walks outside and sits on the steps. I go and sit next to him.
     "Listen to me while I talk." I look at him weird.
      "Alright?" I say confused.
      "When I was a kid, my father was abusive, one day he came into my mother's home and knocked me out he then beat my little brother to death and mother, I beat him over the head with a frying pan, intill he died." He said lower then his normal voice. "That was the scariest moment of my life, I didn't know what to do."
   "I am so sorry rip."
    "No no, don't be, my point is, I said something similar, you know being used to the pain, I have killed to many men to count." I looked over at him with sad eyes. "But that right there, that look you don't look at me any different then when I told you that."
   "Because I have done some bad things to, hell rip I didn't care about killing that man no the problem was that I did feel guilty."  Rip shook his head. "The stars there beautiful." I say looking up.
   "Yeah." But rip wasn't for on the star he was focused on me. Looking at me like he would never see me again.
   "What's wrong?" I ask him.
    "Nothing." He say still looking at me.
   "You have thay look again."
    "What look?"
     "The look you gave me on the hill and when you found me and when you branded me, like you never gonna see me again."
     "Just um taken in your beauty I guess." I look into his eyes.
     "I should get to sleep." I say standing up.
     "Uh yeah goodnight." He says walking inside.
     "Holy shit." I say walking back. You could of just cut that tension with a knife.