Chapter 1

Y/n's pov

Shohoku High School.

You walk down the corridor, the music quietly playing through your headphones as you enter your new classroom. The other students were chattering among themselves, asking where they had gone for middle school as you find an empty seat by the brunette girl.

'Ohayo.' she says as you take a seat, her face pulling into a bright smile.

'Ohayo.' you reply, putting your bag down.

'I'm Akagi Haruko.' she says as she turns towards your seat.

'L/n Y/n. Yoroshiku.' You reply again, frowning to yourself as her eyes turn into hearts at somebody entering the classroom. You turn your head towards the door following Haruko-chan's gaze, only to see the person who you never wanted to encounter again.

'Rukawa-kun!' Haruko-chan squeals happily as you can barely help your face from giving the most sour look you could muster watching him make his way towards an empty seat. Glancing at Haruko-chan, you watch her follow Rukawa with her eyes despite him doing very little to return her affection.

'Ohayo, Rukawa-kun!' Haruko-chan says again, Rukawa only nodding slightly before shoving his head onto the desk as you expected. You secretly roll your eyes, shifting your gaze back to Haruko-chan in front of you.

'Isn't he so cool, Y/n-chan?!' Haruko-chan yells, unaware of your salty mood at the fact that you were stuck with him for a whole year once again.

'Kyaa!' Haruko-chan squeals as she shakes your arm while you rest your chin on your other hand trying to focus on the school field outside.

———————-———————-———————-———————-

The lessons were breezed through since it was only the first day, before the bell rang for lunch. You decided to eat your bento with Haruko-chan and others on the rooftop, while most others were leaving to get to the school cafeteria or the store.

'Do you have anyone in mind, Y/n-chan? There are so many cute guys at Shohoku!' Fujie-chan says as she lightly shoves Matsui, giving her a side eye through chewing her rice.

'Or do you like Rukawa like this one' Matsui-chan says as she pokes Haruko-chan, her cheeks turning red while you choke at your own egg roll.

'I would rather die than to deal with Rukawa.' You say, which comes out more blunt than you intended that you quickly swallow your food looking at the three other girls staring at you looking confused.

'You knew him?' Haruko-chan asks as she taps your arm with your hand supporting your chin.

'We were in the same Junior High school. I don't really want to talk behind someone's back, but he almost ruined my art competition back then.' You say, Matsui-chan's eyes turning wide at your words.

'Wait you mean you drew the manga that won the award? I READ THAT AND LOVED IT!' Fujie-san shouts, half throwing her chopsticks into the air.

'You must be very talented at art, Y/n-chan!' Haruko-chan shouts as you feel the heat creep on your face.

'Iye, iye. I just enjoy doing it.' You reply, the two girls talking about your drawing amongst themselves while Haruko-chan continues to beam at you.

'Well how was Rukawa-kun like back in middle school?! Good looking and popular like always?!' She happily shouts, in which you only give her an awkward smile, holding back your words dying to tell how much of an arrogant, rude irritating guy he is in reality.

'He might not be as amazing as you make him out to be, Haruko-chan.' You reply carefully, expecting her to pry more only to be interrupted by Rukawa himself.

'What do you even know about me' You hear Rukawa standing beside you, his intense glare already starting to diminish your good mood.

'I think I know enough about you based on how you treated my hard work.' You say, his face looking indifferent.

'What work.' He says simply, and you wonder if this guy is seriously testing your patience. 'They were just papers.'

'Oh so you remember. Of course you wouldn't know how much it meant to me because you never care about anything and anyone.' You say, the other girls squeezing your arm to tell you to calm down while Haruko-chan looks between the two of you worriedly.

'OIII!! Rukawa, you bastard!' Just as you wonder if this irritating boy would speak, you watch a red haired guy burst through the door into the rooftop. From hoe today's events were unfolding, you could sense that this academic year will be a whole another chaos.