Chapter 14

Y/n's pov

'Your line there isn't symmetrical to the other one.' you say to Rukawa's back on the easel, sketching his basketball. Somehow Haruko had persuaded you to teach them how to draw, which ended up in you sitting on the table with the other three on the easel in front of you sketching whatever they wanted. 

'Why am I doing this again?' Rukawa says grumpily as he slouches into the chair, looking back at you glaring at his canvas with a circle slouching to one side, while you eat the pistachio ice cream with a huge spoon. 

'Well you started it so you have to finish it. I'm not letting you waste my canvases.' you say, hopping off the table to get some acrylic paint and squeezing the colours onto the palette. 

'Y/n-chan! Look at my squirrel!' Haruko calls happily, showing her drawing of a squirrel on her own canvas. 

'Oh, Haruko-san! It looks just as cute as yourself!' Sakuragi shouts, despite Haruko only looking between you and Rukawa. You almost cough in laughter looking at Sakuragi getting ignored so swiftly, handing them each a palette with paint. 

'Hey! You only put red, blue, white, black, and yellow! How am I supposed to paint myself with only these colours! Give me rainbow for the genius portrait!' Sakuragi yells from his easel back at you as you open your iPad back to the rough sketch that you had started before lunch. 

'Ever heard of mixing the colours?' You say, Sakuragi laughing as if you had said something funny, talking about how he already knew how to mix the paint. 

'Douahou.' Rukawa says quietly, but loud enough for Sakuragi to hear. 

'You are not going to fight in my studio.' you say as you hear Sakuragi starting to shout at Rukawa again, Rukawa only continuing to paint the orange basketball. 

As the others turn back to paint their own canvases, you also shift your gaze over to a bunch of random sketches pinned up on the wall, most of them from your intense timed sketch practices you did over the weeks. Standing up, you make your way toward them, the warm afternoon sunshine illuminating the ivory paper and the grey pencil lines over them. Undoing the pin, you take off the poses that you were confident enough to draw without looking, Sakuragi turning towards your task instead of drawing his self-portrait. 

'Oi! That looks more fun. Let me do that.' he says, pointing at you with his brush, half splattering the bright orange acrylic paint onto your light yellow hoodie. 'Wahhahahaha! Rukawa has the skull pin!' he yells as you try to get rid of the orange droplets on your hoodie, them only becoming more smudged by the second. 

'Sakuragi-kun!' Haruko says from the side, her seeing your face frown as you wipe at the orange paint. 

'You are not touching my sketches, orange head. And I already told you I won't let you waste my canvas. Finish. Your. Painting.' you say, taking a picture of Sakuragi from the corner and pinning it onto the board. 

'Hey! You! Give me the crown pin!' he says, taking the shiny golden crown pin off of a polaroid of your white bunny Momo and shoving it into his picture.

'You be quiet. You are too loud.' Rukawa says from the other side, his basketball losing its shape more and more with his every brush stroke.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Huh? Y/n-chan! So lucky you get to go home with Rukawa-kun!' Haruko shouts as you shut the door to the studio, the evening setting in quickly as you carry your canvas between your arms.