Chapter 16

Y/n's pov

You sit on the sofa, slouching into the squishy pillow as you stare at Rukawa's lips arch upwards while feeding Momo carrot sticks. He pats the top of her head, Momo only responding by pulling at the carrot on his other hand while twitching her nose. 

'You're going to make her obese.' you say grumpily as Momo happily devours the carrot, her whiskers moving up and down every time she chews. 

'Did you starve her or what.' he replies, picking out a strawberry and feeding your rabbit as you throw the pillow at him. 

'She eats everything we give her so we have to control her portion ourselves which you are not doing a very good job of right now.' you say, Rukawa frowning as he hauls the pillow back at you. Momo looks up at you yelling as his pillow fall on your arm, her round black eyes staring at you as she never ceases to stop chewing the strawberry. You blankly watch her enjoying her fruit while Rukawa pats her back, wondering if Momo was also one of Rukawa's fangirls.

'Stop frowning. And stop being jealous that your rabbit likes me.' Rukawa says, and you squint your eyes harder at Momo's sleepy face slowly turning similar to Rukawa's expression. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow you had ended up in the udon place with Rukawa of all people, after your parents messaged you that they will not be coming home til late from work. You click your chopsticks together while waiting for the tonkotsu udon, Rukawa in front of you picking at tsukemono. 

'Why am I here again?' you ask, focusing on his chopsticks tossing the cucumbers aside.

'To eat dinner.' he says blandly still focused on picking out all the cucumbers from the dish. 

'I know, that's what restaurants are for. But why am I here with you. And stop picking out the cucumbers.' you say, him finally looking up from the plate to face you. 

'Because we both wanted udon. And I hate cucumbers.' he replies again, pouring the water from the jar into both of your cups. 

'Now that's weird. We both wanted udon?' you say, wondering how your whole first year was going so far with Rukawa's presence looming over you all the time. He swiftly ignores you, chugging the cup of water as the waitress serves the udon on the table, her eyes focused on Rukawa even though she's serving yours, accidentally placing your udon on the far side of the table. You glare at her for a few seconds, dragging the udon towards you yourself. 

'Ano...can I have your number?' You choke at the soup as the waitress pokes Rukawa's arm, the waitress glancing at you quickly with an awkward smile. 

'No.' Rukawa says simply before slurping the udon. You almost laugh at the waitress's face, looking more annoyed than disappointed, the girl looking over at you with an even more irritated expression. You only avoid her eye contact, half hiding in your udon bowl and silently inhaling the noodles. 

'Also we are still in high school.' you say without looking up at her, the waitress's irritated gaze watching you and Rukawa back and forth before disappearing into the kitchen. 

After that had a different waiter for the rest of the dinner. 

'Is that your default response to everything?' you ask Rukawa drinking the soup from the bowl, his adam's apple moving up and down as he almost inhales the udon soup.