Chapter 4

Y/n's pov

You were reconsidering your agreement to draw the manga chapters for this basketball team. Ayako senpai sighs as she yells at Sakuragi to go back to the basic training while he shouts back why he should do that when Rukawa is doing the shoots. 

'Douahou' you hear Rukawa say quietly, Sakuragi turning to him to continue shouting at his back as he shoots the ball into the ring. 

'Rukawa-kunnn!!! Kakkoiiii!' you hear Haruko-chan shout from the door to the gym along with Matsui and Fujie on her sides. 

'RUKAWA YOU BASTARDDD!' Sakuragi shouts, aiming a ball at Rukawa as Akagi-san yells at him to behave himself. 

'Sakuragi-kun!' Haruko says again as you rub your forehead, wondering just what you had signed up for. 

'Are your friends always going to stand there watching?' Ayako-san turns to you, motioning at the three girls by the door, Haruko almost screaming for Rukawa while he does not once glance in her direction. 

'I think so.' you reply, Ayako-san sitting back down on the bench next to you. 'Do you really want me to draw all this?' you say, motioning at the whole scene with Sakuragi throwing basketballs after Rukawa, which he grabs and throws at Sakuragi in full force. 

'You see, us having a troublemaker like Sakuragi in our team was not planned, but maybe this could also be a fun memory to look back on.' she replies as you watch the other players with tired eyes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Why are you drawing me? I never gave you permission to draw me.' You look up from your seat on the bench as you feel the shadow of someone casting over your iPad screen, taking your headphones off. Rukawa stares down at your screen with rough sketches of the scene from yesterday. 

You were drawing the page where he was getting hit by the basketball tray. 

'Why are you talking to me? I never gave you permission to talk to me while I work.' you reply, putting your headphones back. You thought maybe you should just have explained that you agreed to take Ayako-san's request, but the audacity of Rukawa to think that you were drawing him because you would love it so much irritated you. Instead of replying, Rukawa only moves on to shove your bento box off the bench and lie down next to you, closing his eyes and supporting his forearm on his head. You see his legs just drooping off of the edge of the bench, but you still refuse to move to another bench around the field. 

'Find another bench to lie on, baka.' you say, shoving your headphones back again as you stare at him frowning slightly. 

'This is where I always sleep. You leave.' he replies without opening his eyes, laying still as if nothing can make him move an inch. You sigh, loud enough for him to hear before focusing back on the rough sketches. You both fall silent except for his quiet snoring and the sound of your pencil touching the screen, each other's presence just enough tolerable for both of you. 

'Y/n-chan! Oh.' you look up at Haruko walking over to you across the school field, her eyes shifting over to Rukawa sleeping next to you. 'You are with Rukawa-kun.' she says as you put your iPad down.

'I was drawing here first. He just came and started sleeping.' you reply, Haruko's face turning pink as she eyes Rukawa sleeping quietly. 

'So you are drawing Rukawa-kun!' she says happily as she peers at your screen as you add more lines to complete the page. 

'He is part of the basketball team.' you say, Haruko falling quiet as she takes a seat beside you. 

'Why aren't you fond of Rukawa-kun, Y/n-chan? Many girls would die to be in your place and call themselves to have attended the same middle school. And he actually talks to you.' she says as she eyes your hand moving steadily across the screen. 

'Well. If you hear the conversation we have,  I was preparing for this manga art competition in middle school. When I only had three days left to finish, he bumped into me. All my initial sketches for the last chapter got wet from the water on the floor and I had to cram all the steps to finish a chapter before the deadline. He never apologised for that and told me they were just papers. So it's clear he never respects other people's passions when he would surely kill anyone who talks badly about his stupid basketball.' you explain, Haruko looking like she's in deep thought.

'You were the one who bumped into me.' you both look to the side, Rukawa lazily staring at you from his spot.

'Whatever you think, Rukawa.' you reply, closing your iPad shut and gathering the empty bento box from the floor as the bell rings to signal that lunchtime had ended. 

Haruko's pov

Y/n-chan stands up to put her things back into her bag, turning to walk back to the school building. 

'Rukawa-kun, are you going back to class? The bell just rang.' I say to Rukawa-kun still lying on his spot on the bench, his eyes shiting over to me looking down at him. 

'...' I move out of the way as he hauls himself up, silently walking over to the classroom. I stare at his back, him saying something at Y/n-chan's back, her turning to face him with an annoyed face. 

Y/n's pov

'Well did you win the competition?' You hear Rukawa say from the back as you make your way toward your classroom you turn to face him. 

'Of course I won. And even if I didn't, it wouldn't have been because of your petty action, Rukawa.' you add curtly, opening the door to the building as the other guys come back into class looking between the two of you. You make your way to your class without looking back, leaving Rukawa to be swamped by his loud fangirls. 

Author's note: Plz remember to leave a vote and comment <3

That always makes writing more fun when I can engage 👀