Chapter 2: The interview

Kaveh's Pov:
Friday, 1st, September.
4:24 P.M ⌚
Café

The group was now inside the café which is kinda small but comfortable. The manager started earlier since we came in early which is a boost to my chances of being hired. We saw someone of the employees working and all of them were good-looking.
Of course, Tighnari went first out of all of us, while I was waiting nervously. Cyno pat my shoulder and I looked at him.

"I know you're nervous but do you know what happens when that happens?"

I shrugged my shoulders looking confused at this question.

"We call that a-" I put my finger to his mouth shutting him up. I don't want his corny, unfunny jokes right now. He swatted my hand away looking at me disgusted.

"Would have appropriated if you let me finish my joke!" Je whispered yelling at me.

"Well, punk I rather listen to Alhaitham's boring poetic journalism. It's better than hearing your jokes." He let out a dramatic gasp and then side-eyed me.

"I hear you miss "I don't care if I'm ten minutes late, I need my hair done." It's pretty annoying." I just kissed my teeth and minded my business because fighting with Cyno it's not the time or place.

"You children need to stop the bickering and fighting cause you need these jobs."
I know this nepezon baby ain't talking but we do so I'm already the most mature of all these rats I call friends.

"Ok, Dad but he started it first so don't blame me for saying anything." I ignore them and took my phone out of my pocket scrolling on Shein for new fits to wear this term.

---

After a while Tighnari came out looking happy. I guess he got the job but as what though cause this ass can't make coffee for his life. Anyway, a person I would assume was an assistant manager called my name. I took a deep breath and got up going to the open door that's where the interview was probably being held.

---

I was finished in a few minutes which wasn't a surprise cause it's a café but anyway, I went back to my seat and saw other people where we were seated at. The others looked like they were already called up by the assistant so I just went to the front lobby going to one of the tables where I see Tighnari at.

"Hi brat, I guess the interview went well?"

"Huh? Now you're calling me a brat. I'm intrigued as to how many were going to give me." He said while tilting his head and leaning into his arm. "But yeah it went fine, they said that I'll start next week Monday."

"Oh me too. I think we're all starting on the same day. Anyway, I'm going to get some fresh air." I said then got up from the rather comfortable chair.

---
It was rather peaceful to be outside than in an area with so much noise.
After a while, the group came out rather tired, or should I say mentally tired.

"Hey, guys. How did it go?"

"Oh Kaveh didn't see you there but yeah it went okay I guess," Cyno said then sighed like he had just got broken up with. What's the deal?

"Um-what happened Cyno," I said as we walked about to our apartment which isn't that far from the café.

"It's just that I'll go to be the new assistant manager. . ."