5) Adorable and Awkward

Aris's P.O.V

I laid there with a little less on my mind than usual. I can't say fully because there was still a lot to think about. Even though I had Y/N back we still didn't have Sonya and Harriet just yet. Then, there was the promise I made. How was I supposed to keep that?

Still, it was better than it had been for weeks. I had one friend back, I knew where the other two might be, and she's more than able to get through this place. It doesn't mean she isn't at a disadvantage though. She never directly says it, but you can tell she blames herself for everything.

At some point I must have managed to fall asleep because I woke up to Y/N pulling the blanket off me. Newt was beside her with a huge grin on his face. I almost forgot I was supposed to do some mystery activity with them, but did it have to before the sun was up?

"Come on. I don't want to walk back when the sun's all the way up,"She whispered.

"Five minutes,"I pleaded.

"No Aris. We don't have five minutes. Now get on up before I have to drag you, and trust me. You don't want that."

Knowing she wasn't kidding I accepted defeat. She threw me a water, and with that we were on our way.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When they explained where we were going I thought they were messing with me. Y/N and kids were two words I never thought would be used in the same sentence. Unless it was kids annoy Y/N or Y/N would probably scare kids, but no. She seemed to love these kids.

"So why exactly am I going?"I asked.

"I've told them some cool stories about you. When they hear your name they know the story is going to be good. They'll perk right up."

"Why exactly did you hype me up? They're most likely going to be pretty disappointed,"I pointed out.

"Are you kidding me? They laughed like maniacs when I told them about your first ice-skating attempt. Ms.Cammie was so confused."

"So you told them the most embarrassing stories you could. That's nice,"I deadpanned. "You put your friends on a pedestal,"I added, rolling my eyes.

"I told them about you helping us out of the Spring. They know you're brave. That's not pedestal behavior,"She responded, shaking her head.

"The Spring?"Newt asked, confused.
"Yeah. It's what we called our Maze,"Y/N explained.

"That makes more sense than ours actually. It definitely comes closer to matching the temperature."

Y/N and I glanced at each other confused. The name was supposed to be ironic. It definitely wasn't meant to match the weather.

"What? Did I say something wrong?"Newt asked.

"Your weather wasn't cold, was it?"Y/N asked.

"No. It was burning hot all the time. We never even got any rain. Yours wasn't hot?"

"No. It was cold."

"No. It was freezing,"I corrected.