12) Same Story Different Eyes

"Well, that was anticlimactic,"I sighed, as we all dangled from the same chains that were supposed to rescue us. Now they were causing all the blood to rush to our heads and taunting us as we hung over a rotunda.

"I don't think that's the right word for this. We are still in danger of dying,"Minho pointed out.

"Yeah? Well, I don't plan on being killed by these maniacs today. Actually, I don't plan on being killed by anyone ever,"I clarified.

"Life just loves throwing curballs at us. At this point I think it's just for sport,"Minho remarked.

"Maybe we just have really, really, really, bad luck,"Thomas tried to suggest.

"I do not want to hear anything from you unless it's how to get out of here. Do you always act before you think?"I asked, genuinely curious.

"Hey. Aris got captured,"He reminded me.

"Which is reasonable. We were running and jumping over a ledge. That's not exactly an easy thing to do. It's also not something we would have to do if it wasn't for you."

"You just think he can do no wrong because he's your best friend,"He correctly accused.

"Thomas, my friends could set the entire world on fire and wipe out all of humanity, and I'd still find a way for it not to be their fault,"I shrugged.

"It's a good thing we don't plan on doing that,"Aris mumbled.

"No talking from you. You're essentially in time-out,"Minho said. "You too Thomas. Unless, you get us a way out,"He added.

"With all due disrespect don't put Aris in time-out like he's a toddler,"I spoke up.

"I guess I just don't exist,"Thomas grumbled under his breath.

"The blame game isn't going to help us. We're a team so can we just agree that we all played a part in this?"Newt reasoned.

"I can live with that,"I agreed.

"Same here."

"Fair enough."

"Good that."

"That's sensible."

"That works for me."

"Great. Any ideas?"He asked hopefully. This time nobody had anything to say.

"Well, that's reassuring,"He sighed. With that we went back to hanging (once again literally from our ankles) in silence. How great.

Thomas's P.O.V

I'm not going to lie. I kind of felt like this was my fault. Then, Y/N actually told me it was, and suddenly I wasn't so sure.

"Hey. Aris got captured,"I reminded her, kind of throwing him under the bus. Okay, totally throwing him under the bus. Judging by the way I felt him glaring at my head he didn't appreciate it.

"Which is reasonable. We were running and jumping over a ledge. That's not exactly an easy thing to do. It's also not something we would have to do if it wasn't for you,"She shot back.

"You just think he can do no wrong because he's your best friend,"I said, as if I wasn't the exact same way. By now Aris was completely burning holes into my skull. He really did not appreciate me right now.

"Thomas, my friends could set the entire world on fire and wipe out all of humanity, and I'd still find a way for it not to be their fault,"She replied, sounding completely serious. Honestly, I don't doubt that she is.