13) The Betrayal

Harriet's P.O.V

I believe in them. Y/N and Aris are going to find their way here. We just need to be patient.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. I have to if I want to stay sane.

Despite this I know in the back of my mind it may not happen. For one, Y/N isn't the best when it comes to running anymore. She's not terrible, but it's been months since she was a Skater. It would take months of training to get that back, and just because we've been gone that long doesn't mean it happened.

Then, there's Aris. He's smart, but he's not the most athletic. Fight or flight only gets you so far. Between having to find a way past the door, to the abandoned mall, to the Scorch itself, well, that's just a lot.

Despite their weaknesses, their strengths are still enough to let them prevail. Y/N is resilient and stubborn so giving up is the last thing she'd do.
She's going to fight and run for as long as she has to. Aris is a quick thinker and intelligent. He'll definitely figure out how to get out, and he'll have an idea of what to do when it comes to cranks.

So yeah. Maybe I don't have to worry about them. Wherever they are they're going to end up safe. I can't lose hope.

Your P.O.V

"I'm so close. Just a little harder,"I pushed, desperately trying to reach the lever.
"We're going as hard as we can,"Thomas argued.
"Will a quick pep talk help?"I asked.
"I don't think so, but I want to hear what you have to say,"Minho admitted.

"Okay. If we don't escape we are going to die in some unknown way. Was that good enough?"I deadpanned.

"Yeah. Definitely,"He agreed.

"Then, give it your all,"I repeated.

They gave me one final shove, and I had to toss myself over the edge. It worked though. I was on the lever.

"We did it,"I exclaimed, smiling and admittedly kind of shocked.
"Yeah, and we don't have a lot of time,"Frypan pointed out. I didn't bother to respond.

"I'm either going to pull us up or down extremely fast,"I warned.

I decided to try pulling it up first. I shoved myself yet again and using everything I had directed it upwards.

It went the direction we needed, but a little, no actually, way to fast. We jolted towards the ceiling, to the point where our ankles were close to being cut off. I forced it the other way, and we all sprung down. Some of the chains squealed together making an irritating, loud, metal on metal sound.

"Damnit! Damnit! Damnit!"I yelled, as we were right back to where we started.

"This is definitely something,"A voice commented. I didn't have to look up to knows who because I was still upsidedown thanks to this dude.

"Why did you tie us up you psychotic, no good, filthy, sneaky, manipulative, little bi-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence as he very casually pulled the lever down.

"What's your problem man?"Aris asked.
"I don't have a problem. Just a few questions."

"Why we would answer anything you have to say?"I inquired.

"What do you know about Right Arm?"He interegated, ignoring me.

"Nothing,"I lied. He was not even the tiniest bit convinced. In fact, he dropped us lower. Now we couldn't even see his face, and as much as it kills me to admit to myself I was terrified. We don't know what he's capable of.