3: Into hiding

()

"You can stop him,"

"Join me,"

"Join us,"

"We can give you the power,"

"The power of time itself"

()

Another day, another bad dream. He could never see anything in them, and the amounts of voices screaming frightened him.

If he were to tell Hades or Persephone, they would most likely shrug it off and say it's a bad dream.

"I wonder if Zeus has noticed if I'm still alive," Y/n talked aloud to Cerebrus, who walked at his side.

Outside of his now room, Y/n saw Haded and Persephone talking with a new figure. He was very tall at 6'4. with a giant scythe in his boney hand. What most would call the grim reaper, his name was truly

"Thantanos. This is Y/n from Olympus, and the son of Dionysus and Aphrodite, " Persephone excitedly introduced, grabbing onto the boys' shoulders.

"A pleasure to meet you. Any friend of my lord is worthy of respect. " The God of death bowed slightly towards Y/n.

"Oh, thank you, Thantanos, it's very nice to meet you," Y/n raised his hand for a handshake.

"What is this?" He asked.

"A handshake? It's a mortal custom for greeting someone or agreeing on something. Or a sigh of respect. " Y/n awkwardly explained. He had traveled with Eros, his half-brother, to the mortal realm many times before.

"I see. Then I shall try to this handshake. " Thantanos hummed and raised his hand. Y/n caught it and gave it a firm tug up and down.

"What wonderful bonding time," Persephone whispered to Hades.

"He's the perfect candidate." Hades nodded and cleared his throat, getting the attention of both God's.

"Thantanos, I'm assigning you a new task. While Persephone and Hermes handle souls to the underworld, I want you to protect and watch over Y/n in the mortal realm," Hades said. The boy widened his eyes at the reveal.

"Mortal realm? Why would I go to the mortal realm?" Y/n asked.

"We thought it might be best for you to hide there, mask your Godly scent with the mortals to prevent any suspicion here in the underworld." Persephone started off. Y/n could absolutely not believe what he was hearing right now.

A God, living amongst Mortals.

"It should only be for about a decade or two. After that, Zeus should have calmed down, and I can chat with him." Hades let out a big sigh. This whole situation is just a big mess.

"Tho you won't be alone. Although I go against it, Thor, a Norse God, will be there as well," Persephone revealed. Norse gods were significantly weaker and less worshiped than the Greeks. A long while ago, Kronos created the Norse and set them in a different realm to create an army for himself. It didn't turn out so well.

Although the Greeks and Norse were in a constant state of battle and rivalry, they banded with Zeus and Odin to defeat the mad time God.

"Isn't he just a weaker version of Zeus? Can't even control his lightning without that silly little play thing?" Y/n curosily asked. Thantanos almost let out a laugh but was stopped by Hades raising his hand.

"Yes, but he's been on the mortal realm for a little while now, so he shall show you the ropes of becoming accustomed to the humans," Hades whistled, signaling Cerebrus to come over.