Ch 9: The final countdown (Avengers)

()

"You can't ignore me for much longer."

"I am the one fit to rule over the land."

"You will fall to my hands. No matter what."

()

"Alright. Y/n, Artemis, you two are our brute force. Clear the streets and make pathways for civilians to get as far as they can away from the main city." Steve ordered. The two gods nodded at the leader of the Avengers and opened the hatch to the flying quinjet.

Hopping out, Artemis immediately started firing her bow at groups of chitauri running around, shooting their guns.

Turning in the air, Y/n grabbed onto a side of a building with his left arm and caught Artemis with his right, swinging her to the next building over with the momentum. Kicking off the building, he sent himself into the ground, flattening Chitauri in a crater he made while landing.

The Chitauri in front of him turned their heads and started firing at him. Grabbing a nearby car for cover, he reeled his hand back and punched the car forward, taking the Chitauri out with a single hit.

"They aren't very durable. Which makes it easier for me." A Chitauri tried to sneak up on him but ended up getting his head kicked off and stuck into a building wall.

"You need to be more careful, Y/n!" An energetic and loud voice came out. Turning around Y/n was met with non other than the shirtless God everyone's come to love.

"Hermes!" He called out, beaming with excitement. The taller God laughed and ruffled the younger God's hair.

"We can talk later. Seems like you've got a situation here." He covered his eyes from the sun to see more Chitauri flooding out of Portal.

"Here, brought you an extra pair." Wings flapped in his hands and attached to Y/ns shoes, allowing him to lift up in the air and start flying.

"Thanks a lot, try to get any human to a safe place that's far enough away from the portal" With a nod and a salute Hermes speeded off towards the more inward parts of the city.

Getting a feel of his flying shoes, Y/n accidently sent himself flying forward, crashing into a Chitauri that tried to stab him.

Freaking out from nearly getting stabbed in the eye, Y/n took out his own knife and brought it down on the Chitauris face multiple times.

Wiping its blue blood off his face, Y/n shivered from the absolute mess it made on him and nearly puked.

"Gross." He commented, getting saved by Artemis atop a building from Chitauri running towards him.

Flipping the bird, he flew towards the lower street, seeing a group of humans hiding inside a coffee shop from Chitauri trying to break in.

Carefully, he snuk up behind them and sliced ones neck, then turned his body and sent a powerful punch into another's chest, purple energy flying everywhere as the Chitauris body shattered at the impact.

"Divine Departure!" He yelled, the energy condensing into his right fist and punching the first Chitauri in the ground. There was a single second pause before the shockwave went off.

The humans cheered at the sight of Y/n saving them. Winking at the lady's inside, they put their hands on their heads and fell back into others' arms.

"Still got it." He let out a small laugh and zoomed off, sending a shockwave as he flew into the air.

"Looks like Steve and the others are having some trouble. Should we help out?" Artemis jumped to the building next to him and looked down. Banner and Thor had also shown up to the fight below.