Ch 10: The fight rages on

()

"You've run out of time."

"I will break free from my binds."

"And you'll be the first one to perish."

()

Y/n was awoken from his sleep by someone pushing him off his bed. Looking sleepily at the intruding, he saw a flash of golden blond hair standing on the other side of his bed.

"Hera?" He asked, rubbing his head in pain slightly as he popped his head up. The Queen of the God's was clearly ruffled up, her makeup mixing together and running black streeks from her eyes. She had many bruises and other wounds that were dripping Ichor.

"You weren't waking up, I resulted to the only other method." Her voice slightly hitched as she rubbed her arm in slight embarrassment.

"It's fine, I guess. But what happened?" Y/n stood up. It had been a full year since he's come to the mortal realm, along with Artemis joining him a few months later.

"Zeus is on a rampage. And I took the full force." More tears dripped from her face as Y/n widened his eyes. Every God knew they had a horrible relationship, but he never thought it'd be this bad.

"Hold on," Y/n scrambled into the bathroom connected to his room, grabbing some tissues, wet wipes, and bandages.

Setting them down on his bed, he ran into Artemis's room, sneaking into the bathroom and grabbing some makeup wipes.

"Now, just sit down and let me do my magic." He gave her a small smile and took some tissues and wipes in his hand.

Hera slowly nodded and sat at the side of the bed, making Y/n move himself and the stuff over to her.

And so they sat in silence as Y/n efficiently cleaned her up. She couldn't help but feel a warm feeling in her ample chest. She didn't know what it was, but it was nice.

"You can use my shower to clean off anything extra. Then you should dry off so we can put these bandages on. " He took all the used tissues and wipes and tossed them into a garbage can in the corner of his room.

"Thanks" is all Hera said before walking into his bathroom and shutting the door behind her.

Hearing the water start Y/n let out a sigh of relief, falling onto his bed and groaning.

"Thanatos?" He questioned, the God of death appeared at his side moments later forming from the darkness in his room.

"Please tell Hades and Persephone of what just happened. Tell Hermes as well if you can find him." Y/n looked over to the grim reaper as it nodded and started disappearing.

"Oh, and tell zues..." He took a pause and let out a deep breath.

"This means war."

(Underworld)

"Hera was attacked by Zeus? I knew my brother was low, but not that far gone." Hades shook his head. I'm disbelief. Both had been pretty toxic in their relationship, but it never got  physical before.

"That's horrible. Is she still with Y/n right now?" Persephone asked, clutching a smaller sized Cerebrus in her arms and looking at the reaper.

"She is. Y/n said that he fully declares war on Zeus." The two widened their eyes in surprise. Surely, he hadn't been that foolish to declare war on Zeus only one year after getting kicked out.

"Well, let him know he was the underworlds full support, and we'll fight alongside him when the time comes." Persephone tightened her hand into a fist and gave a sweet smile to her husband.

"Yes, he can expect the help from us and many others." Hades nodded, getting Persephone to smile even wider.

"I'll let him know." Thanatos bowed to the God and Goddess before disappearing towards his next destination.

"We should've told him about Tartarus." Persephone averted her eyes to the direction the giant pit lay in.

"We can handle Tartarus for now. We just need to find a way to seal Kronos in for good." Hades shook his head and started walking off somewhere in the house, leaving Persephone on the main floor.

(Mortal realm)

Y/n hated to admit it, but he felt like he was becoming more human by the day. Back in Olympus, he would never get tired, but now, at 2 a.m., he just wanted to sleep.

But yet he stayed awake for Hera. She was still somewhat crying on the couch as Y/n fired up the stove and got to work.

Luckily, Natasha had taught him many meals and breakfast meals to occupie him and Artemis so that way they wouldn't just order takeout or make microwave food.

Nearly burning his hand on the frying pan, Y/n hummed to a random song and started finishing up his masterpiece.

"My Queen." He bowed towards Hera, revealing the plate of pancakes. It had syrup dripping on the sides along with strawberrys on the top along with wipes cream. Blueberries were carefully placed inside the pancakes as well.

"Oh wow, Y/n, you didn't have to go so far" Hera felt her mood lighten slightly as he placed down the plate onto a coffee table and handed her a fork and knife.

"It's my honor to serve the queen of God's the best meal I can make." He gave a small hearty laugh and quickly ran back into the kitchen, grabbing some wine his father made and poured it into a glass.

"He has hidden stashes everywhere in the mortal realm. Luckily, I was able to nab some." Y/n carefully placed the wine on the counter, getting a nod of thanks from Hera as she bit into the pancake.

Never in her entire life had she tasted this food this good before. It's like the flavors were rocking her tongue to sleep and into food coma.

"It's amazing, I've never had anything like it." Hera exclaimed, taking another bite of the delicious pancakes.

"Because I'm the best at everything I do." Y/n boated, clearly joking. Hera just gave him a small glance and went back to eating.

(Somewhere else)

"I'm beginning to think you have no idea where you're going." Apollo narrowed his eyes at Hecate, who stopped and looked around. They were in the middle of a desert.

"Relax, we'll find her eventually." Hecate smiled and marched forward.

"You've been saying that for 6 months now. But I think I know who can help." Apollo looked up at the beautiful full moon shining down on them.

"Selene won't help you. The titans hate the God's remember?" Hecate argues with the god, but it was no use as he was sitting cross cross with his hands together, a large circle drawn in the sand.

With a few minutes of incomprehensible words and chants, Apollo stood up and backed away. They waited for a few seconds, but nothing happened.

"Told you so." Hecate smirked and started walking in a different direction. But she was proved wrong as a giant beam of blue light shot down on the circle, and a beautiful young woman walked out.

"Why is it you've called upon me, Apollo?" Selene asked, brushing a band through her silky smooth brown hair.

"I need help finding the Goddess Artemis"