Chapter 2

The first drink went down smoothly. So did the next three. I tried to get off the bar stool I was sitting on to go to the bathroom but gravity brought me down almost immediately.

''Careful baby,'' Morgan said, grabbing me semi-roughly. "I already saved you twice tonight. you can't keep falling down like that," he chuckled, his eyes squinting slightly as he smiled. He did not look nearly as drunk as I was. That"ll teach me to try to keep up with southern guys.

"I gotta go use the restroom," I slurred, losing my balance slightly, holding on to the bar.

"What's going on here?" I flinched. I turned around and saw Jared standing behind me with a concerned look on his face.

"Hiii, I was just telling Morgan I need to go to the bathroom," I said, suppressing a hiccup. He frowned and looked at Morgan.

"What the fuck did you give her?" He snapped, obviously angry at how drunk I was.

" I didn't give her anything. We drank a little whiskey, got to know each other a little better."

"She's drunk off her ass!" Jared yelled.

"Woah there, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself," I answered, holding on to Morgan's shoulder for balance.

"Give me your phone," he said, grabbing it out of my hand semi-roughly.

"Don't be ripping shit out of her hands like that man, that's not cool," Morgan said. Jared didn't bother to answer. The look he gave him said enough.

"I am calling Glenda Brown. You can't go pick up Ellie like this."

"Who's Ellie?" Morgan asked.

"My daughter."

"You're a mom?" He asked. I nodded yes.

"It's ringing. Everybody shut up," Jared said dryly.

"I'm a dad too," Morgan whispered.

Is he? Well, that I did not expect. I had so many questions, and I wanted to ask him about his kid, but Ms. Brown seemingly picked up.

"Hi Ms. Brown, this is Jared, Aubrey's friend... Yes, the doctor... Aubrey has seemingly had a bit too much to drink. Is there any way you could keep Ellie until tomorrow morning? I would be able to come pick her up at 9... Thank you Ms. Brown, you are an absolute angel... Yes, 9 o'clock on the dot! I will see you tomorrow!" he said right before hanging up.

"Alright, that's enough now, you're coming home with me until you sober up," he said. "Can I get a water bottle for her please?" he asked the barmaid. She nodded quickly before handing it to him.

"I'm good, Jared. I wanna stay. Plus, there's only 40 minutes left to the game. And these are really good seats," I mumbled. He looked at me and then looked at Morgan. He sighed.

"Alright. But no more drinking, Aubrey. I'm serious. I'm surprised you're even still standing," he said. "Please keep an eye on her this time," he told Morgan.

"Will do, sir," Morgan answered, giving him a military salute. Jared rolled his eyes and walked back to his seat.

"Finally," I said. "I felt like I was about to get grounded."

Morgan chuckled into his beer.

"That's just 'cause he likes you and he thinks I'm trouble."

"Well, are you?"

"Am I what?" He asked.

"Trouble?"

"Depends on who you ask."