Chapter 24

"Country Singer Morgan Wallen Spotted Traveling With Pregnant Girlfriend a Few Weeks After Being Caught Kissing Mystery Girl In Front of His Nashville Home"

I clicked on the link and realized they had not only posted pictures of Morgan and I, but ones of Ellie too. My blood was boiling. Who the fuck did these people think they were, posting pictures of my three year old daughter for everyone to see. I jumped out of bed, the sleepiness having completely left my body by now.

"Morgan!" I yelled walking down the hallway. "Look at this!" I said, pulling out my phone to show him. He looked at me, scared of what I was about to show him. He took my phone in his hand and looked at the screen.

"Well, that was fast," he said, sounding almost unbothered. He handed my phone back to me.

"What the fuck?!" I asked.

"Baby, obviously people were gonna find out. I didn't think it would be this fast, but, hey. What can you do?" He shrugged.

"They got pictures of Ellie! That's fucked up!" I said, obviously agitated.

"Wait, they did?" He finally reacted, grabbing my phone from my hand and taking a second look at the pictures. "Oh, hell nah," he said, handing me back my phone and getting off the couch. He pulled out his phone and put it up to his ear.

"Who are you calling?"

"Seth," he said. "Hey man, did you see the article?" he asked him. "They posted pictures of my stepdaughter, didn't even bother to blur her face. Can we find out who posted this? This needs to go down like yesterday," he said, waiting for Seth's answer. I couldn't make out what he was telling Morgan, but I could feel my heart was about to burst out of my chest. I had signed up for this, granted. I knew who Mogan was, I knew his life was very public and I still had made the choice to be a part of it. But Ellie had nothing to do with that. She had made no choice of her own and she had every right to have her privacy respected. "Thanks, man. Call me as soon as you have news, alright?" Morgan told Seth before hanging up.

"So?" I asked impatiently.

"He's already on it. He says this actually came from a subreddit, posted from a throwaway account. He has someone trying to track it down right now," he said, taking my hand into his. "Don't worry, I will take care of this. I promise," he said, looking deep into my eyes.

"I just can't believe people would stoop that low. She's a little kid for God's sake," I sighed, genuinely discouraged.

"These scumbags will do anything to make a buck on other people's backs. Don't let that shit get to you. I swear it will be gone by tonight," he said softly, kissing the top of my head.

I sat down on the couch next to him and waited. Every passing second felt like an hour. The phone wasn't ringing and I was starting to lose hope that we'd be able to get these pictures taken down in time to limit the damage. I did not want my daughter's face plastered all over social media. I didn't want her to know how cruel people could be online. She did not need the judgment of others passed onto her, especially not at three years old. I was looking at Ellie who was quietly playing with her toys. At least she had no idea of what was happening. My anxiety levels were through the roof, wondering how we would ever be able to fix this. I could feel tears starting to well up in my eyes when the phone finally rang. Morgan picked up right away.

"Hey man, lay it on me," he said, putting his cell on speakerphone so I could hear what was happening.

"So we were able to locate the IP address and match it to an actual street address. It seems to be coming from this condo in Nashville. I'll send the location to you to see if you recognize it. Now let me make myself clear, Morgan; it is not an invitation to go down there. Do you understand me?" Seth asked. Morgan looked at me quickly, as to see if I was agreeing with Seth.

"Alright," he mumbled.

"Okay I just texted you the address, does it ring a bell?" Seth asked. Morgan looked at his phone and scratched the back of his head.

"Not really, no," he said perplexed.

"Alright, I'll have someone try and contact them ASAP."

"Alright, thanks man," Morgan said before hanging up. "Ma' can you watch Ellie for a couple hours?" he asked.

"Why?" I inquired.

"We're gonna go talk to them."

"But Seth said-"

"I don't give a shit what Seth said, no one gets turn my step-daughter into a fucking profit. C'mon, we're leaving."

--------------------------

This is super short, but there's a 99,9% chance that I will update again today so bare with me!

Who do y'all think is gonna be responsible for this? 

XO

LadyBug