Chapter 36

I opened my eyes and yawned, looking at the clock on the nightstand. 9:36AM. I slowly stretched my arms and immediately realized I was still fully naked from last night's... frolics. I quickly covered myself up with the blankets and Morgan chuckled softly, already staring at me.

"Goodmorning, beautiful," he whispered, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in closer. I rested my head on his bicep, snuggling against his warm body.

"Goodmorning," I whispered softly. "How are you feeling?" I asked, gently pushing away the hair that was falling into his face.

"My head hurts a little, but having a hot naked lady in my bed does make it slightly better," he said, letting one of his hands trail down to my ass. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

"Yeah, I bet your head hurts. You really should apologize to your mom," I said, gently tracing circles on his shoulder with my fingertips.

"Why?"

"For puking all over her kitchen floor?"

"Wait, what?" He asked, shocked.

"Do you not remember?"

"I don't remember puking, I-"

"What do you remember from last night?" I asked him. He winked at me.

"I remember that," he said, pointing up and down my naked body with his index finger. He bit his bottom lip. "Do I get seconds?" He asked, grabbing my butt and pulling me in closer.

"Morgan! Be serious for a second," I reprimanded him, giggling. "Do you remember fighting with Jared?"

"Like physically?!"

"No, but you probably would have if he hadn't left."

"What did I do?" He asked. "I remember you spending the whole night with him and pissing me off. I remember sitting with that girl, Delaney's friend, and spending the whole night looking at you, wanting to rip his fucking head off, but I don't remember actually confronting him about it," he admitted.

"It's probably better that way," I stated, remembering how he had confessed being in love with me right in front of Morgan. If he doesn't remember, I don't have to tell him, right?

"Why?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because, it was a dumb fight," I lied.

"Mm," he mumbled, stretching his back. "Man, I feel like shit."

"Yeah, well, your mom is probably up with the kids. You really have to apologize," I insisted.

"Alright," he whined. He got out of bed and quickly threw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. "Are we heading back to Nash' today?" he asked.

"I don't know, I was kinda hoping I'd get to talk to Jared before we leave," I admitted. He nodded and left the room. I rolled over and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. 6 texts and 3 missed calls. All from Jared. I sighed.

JARED, 4:56 AM: I can't sleep, are you up? We need to talk.

JARED, 5:02 AM: You're probably asleep and I know I shouldn't be texting you but I think you're making a mistake. You shouldn't marry him. He still acts like a kid and he doesn't deserve you. The way he treats you isn't right, Aubrey. I'd never treat you like that.

JARED, 5:07 AM: If it's the baby you're worried about, you know I'd help you out right?

What the fuck is he on?

JARED, 5:09 AM: I meant everything I said tonight. He's an asshole and he ruins everything he touches. He fucks over anyone who tries to get close to him and you deserve better than that and so does Ellie.

JARED, 5:10 AM: For years I've been in love with you and I was too much of a p*ssy to make a move on you. I know the timing is horrible but it took me seeing you with someone else to realize I couldn't fake it anymore...

JARED, 5:36 AM: I'm too drunk to be sending you shit like this. Just forget I said anything...

I sighed and turned off my phone. What the fuck was he thinking? That I would just leave Morgan and ride off into the sunset with him? I couldn't believe he was putting me in this position at seven months pregnant. He knew he meant the world to me. He knew I'd do anything to keep him as a friend, but leaving Morgan? That was out of the question. Even though our relationship had its issues and we had had our ups and downs, I was madly in love with him and I knew he loved me too. I was excited to start a family with him and to get married and no amount of pressure from Jared would change that. Left my phone on the nightstand and got dressed to go check on Morgan and the kids. I walked into the living room and Ellie and Indie were playing together with their legos. Morgan was talking to his mom in the kitchen. I sat on the couch and discreetly eavesdropped on their conversation.

"I'm really sorry, 'Ma. I know I should've paced myself a little better."

"You know, she will get sick of your antics at some point. You can't be having a baby, especially a third child, and still be drinking everyday and picking fights with her every chance you get. She's patient right now, but throw another kid into the mix and a lot of things will change, Morgan. That woman has a heart of gold and you know there are other men who would kill to be in your shoes," she told him softly. Did Jared talk to her?

"Why are you saying that?" He asked. "What do you know?"

"I saw the way that boy looks at her and I know you saw it too," she stated. Shit.

"Who, Jared?" He asked. She didn't respond. "I'm not worried about him," he added.

"Well, maybe you should be. He's a good lookin' man from a good family and he seems to really care about her," she said.

"Who's side are you on, damn," he snapped.

"I'm just saying, don't give her a reason to go there. Throwing up like that in front of everybody after spending the whole night chasing another woman at her baby shower. That ain't right. I raised you better than that."

"I wasn't chasing anot- You know what, I don't have to explain myself to you. She gets it and you don't, that's fine. I'm sorry I threw up in your kitchen, thank you for the party, but we have to go," he said, obviously getting agitated. "Aubrey!" he called from the kitchen. I got up off the couch and walked towards the kitchen.

"Get yours and Ellie's stuff. Time to go home," he said.

"Morgan, I wasn't trying to upset you honey," his mom started, trying to put her hand through his hair. He took a step back swiftly.

"I'm not upset," he snapped.

"You okay?" I asked him, pretending I hadn't just heard their entire conversation.

"I'm fine," he mumbled. "Get the kids' stuff, I'll get the stuff from our room, alright?" he asked me, placing a quick kiss on my forehead. I nodded.

"Sure," I said softly. I glanced at Lesli who looked genuinely upset. "Is everything okay?" I asked her, honestly concerned. I loved his mom and the last thing I wanted was to cause conflict between them. Morgan had already left the kitchen to go pack up our room, leaving her and I by ourselves.

"Oh, it's nothing, honey. Don't you worry about me. I think I was a little too honest and I might have hurt his feelings," she said softly.

"Can I help in any way?"

"You sweet, sweet girl. There's nothing you can do," she admitted, pulling me in for a hug.

"What the fuck?!" I heard Morgan yell from our bedroom. I pulled away from the hug and excused myself to go check on him. I walked into our bedroom and he was sitting on the bed with my phone in his hands.

"Were you just gonna hide this from me?" he said, turning the screen toward me, displaying the texts Jared had sent me. Fuck.

----------------------------------------

There you go my darlings, enjoy!

XO

LadyBug