Chapter 30

"Jared's here," Morgan said, waking me up. I opened my eyes and stretched slowly.

"What time is it?" I asked

"8:15 AM" he said dryly. I yawned.

"Why is he here so early?" I asked, rubbing my eyes softly. Morgan shrugged.

"To save the princess, I guess," he said, obviously bitter that Jared was even here to begin with. I rolled my eyes.

"Come here," I requested, pulling him onto the bed with me. "Just five more minutes," I begged, resting my head onto his chest and snuggling up against his warm body. He kissed the top of my head.

"C'mon, I'll make you some fresh juice," he said, gently getting me off of him and hopping out of bed.

"Juice? It's 8 o'clock in the morning, sir. I want coffee," I giggled.

"No more coffee."

"Why?"

"Because, Dr. Engler said to be extra careful," he said softly, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, about heavy lifting and stuff, not about coffee!" I frowned.

"Baby-"

I got out of bed instantly, threw on one of Morgan's oversized shirts and ran out of the bedroom.

"Jaaared??" I yelled from the hallway.

"Yeah?"

"Can I have coffee?" I asked, sitting down on the couch next to him. Morgan came and stood behind me.

"Dr. Engler said to be careful, Aubrey. I just want what's good-"

"She can safely have 200mg per day, which is roughly two regular sized cups of coffee. No more than that though," he said, cutting Morgan off. I smiled.

"See?" I told Morgan. "I told you I could have some."

"Do whatever you want, Aubrey," he sighed. "I think I'm gonna go fishing."

"Babe, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," he said. "I just need to clear my head, that's all."

"Stress is worse than coffee for the baby, if you want my opinion," Jared mumbled.

"Not that I particularly want your opinion, but what exactly is that supposed to mean?" Morgan asked arrogantly.

"Guys, it's not-" I started before Jared cut me off.

"Fighting with your pregnant girlfriend -who should be your pregnant wife, if you ask me- is not only dumb and immature, but it's also bad for your child."

"Are you calling me immature? 'Cause, I don't know, but it seems to me that someone hiding a pregnancy from the baby's dad, who's supposed to be your best friend, by the way, is kinda-"

"You both are fucking stressing me out right now!" I snapped. "What the fuck is this? Are y'all trying to figure out who has the biggest swinging dick?!"

"I'd win that for sure," Morgan chuckled.

"It doesn't mean what you think it means, idiot," Jared added.

"Seriously, guys?! How old are you?!" I said, getting seriously annoyed by them both.

"Can I go fishing now or will that stress you out too much, mama?" Morgan asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Go, I'm fine," I sighed, rubbing my forehead. He kissed the top of my head gently.

"I'll be back in a few hours. Call if you need anything," he said softly, slowly turning back into the person I knew and loved. "I love you."